Global Supply Chain Director (m/f/d) -Automotive
Head of Global Supply Chain Management
Automotive supplier in a growing market
About Our Client
Our client is a globally acting automotive supplier with his headquarter in the center of Germany. The supply chain management landscape of our client consists of island solutions which, in the future, should be linked together to form a comprehensive planning and management system. As a manufacturer of supplies to most automotive OEM's, a modern SCM strategy and corresponding planning processes are to be established to effectively deal with the complexity and long-term supply cycles of purchased materials, manufacturing, logistics and distribution.
Develop, implement and manage a global supply chain strategy and integrated planning-system connecting all operations around the world. The system should minimize inventory needs while avoiding costly planning mistakes such as obsolete materials, special freight shipments and internal communication errors. The system should utilize modern electronic tools such as ERP and business intelligence systems. The Global Supply Chain Director (m/f/d) will ultimately be responsible to manage and optimize the flow of materials, information and capital in functions that include demand planning, sourcing, production, inventory management and logistics.
- SCM-Strategy: Develop appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost. The strategy covers various business areas such as customer service (customer order management), material planning (supplier order management), production planning, logistics and distribution.
- SCM-Systems: Develop the processes and systems to implement the SCM-Strategy, working closely with IT management and business process owners. The system should be suitable to the company's global needs considering internal and external stakeholders.
- Planning: Plan, manage, and coordinate all activities related to the sourcing and procurement of necessary materials and supplies needed to meet the changing levels of product demand, working closely with the strategic purchasing director and various operational teams.
- Forecasting: Responsible for monthly and yearly sales forecasts based on customer demand and sales management input.
- Monitoring: Monitor and adjust order and inventory levels to ensure rotation and maximize working capital. Coordinate with customer service, manufacturing and logistics teams to plan intercompany sales and transfers.
- Distribution: Work with sales department to optimize product distribution solutions for finished goods transportation to customers.
- SCM Maintenance: Continuous development and maintenance of the SCM system.
The Successful Applicant
- Master's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent experience.
- 5-7 years of experience as Global SCM, preferably within the automotive electronics industry.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to coordinate diverse teams.
- Strong analytical and data manipulation capabilities.
- Excellent understanding of modern IT systems and processes.
- "Get it done" attitude.
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to create structured process documentation.
- Strong sense of time organization and urgency.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Willingness to travel.
What's on Offer
Attractive salary package accoring to the position with variable salary components and company car.