Group Finance Director
An opportunity to shape, build & lead a group finance function
The Group FD will be a hands-on leader with a proven track-record
About Our Client
My client operates in the professional services sector and has seen significant growth every year since its inception over a decade ago. The current trajectory suggests that this will continue. They are recognised for their integrity, quality and expertise and work with a blue chip client base.
The Group currently has some PE investment and, coupled with ambitious management, means this is a fast-paced environment, where high standards, professionalism and attention to detail run throughout the organisation.
This new role reports into the CFO with the emphasis on building and leading the Group's finance function. With a global client base and anticipated expansion both organic and through acquisitive growth, the current responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the Group Finance function
- Leading, developing and mentoring the team
- Ensuring the standardisation of systems & processes across the function and continuing to build a robust controls environment
- Tax and Treasury Management
- Monthly forecasting and five year planning
- Ensuring all accounting policies are in-line with the relevant standards
- External Group reporting
- Developing strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, operating as an influential figure on the Senior Management Team
- Supporting and deputising for the CFO when required
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will be qualified and most likely have a strong grounding in a Big 4 or large practice environment. Technically proficient, you will currently be a Finance Director or Divisional Finance Director (or similar) in a PE-backed or listed company where external reporting is required. Exposure to a professional services environment would also be a distinct advantage but not essential.
You will enjoy building and developing finance teams, but you must be able to demonstrate an ability to lead from the front as a hands-on approach is essential. Further to this, you will naturally forge strong relationships across finance and the wider business.
What's on Offer
A competitive package commensurate with your track record as well as future progression as the business grows.