Group Finance Director
Exciting new Group Finance Director role working for a growth business
Unique opportunity to work for a business that has a public and commercial focus
About Our Client
Kent County Council's (KCC) Local Authority Trading Companies (LATCos) were created under the freedoms granted in the Local Government Act 2003 and the Localism Act 2011 to preserve and improve certain KCC services against a background of declining central government funding and changing local government priorities and responsibilities, to generate an ongoing income stream for KCC and to create jobs in Kent.
Kent HoldCo, which was established in 2019 to bring KCC's LATCos together, is a wide-ranging business with services from cyber security, landscaping, facilities maintenance, outsourcing, a legal firm specialising in safeguarding and immigration to fixing fire engines and cutting the grass on highways. In total, the Group employs over 1,600 people and generates over £150m in direct revenue whilst supporting over £600 million of activity.
Operating at the boundary between the public and private sectors, Kent HoldCo is well placed to provide its services to other local authorities and other public sector bodies who are looking for a trusted, local government owned service provider and outsourcing partner.
Essentially a £150m early stage business, Kent HoldCo believe this is an incredibly exciting time for an entrepreneurial, transformational, and energetic new Group Finance Director to join us.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, other Senior Executives and Non-Executives at HoldCo, Kent CC and the trading entities to contribute to the strategic leadership and management of the Group, playing a crucial role in the success and delivery of the Groups objectives.
- Ensure that Group financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth within a strong assurance framework.
- Leading, and developing the finance functions for the Group and the commercial organisations.
- Work closely with HoldCo, KCC, KCC Finance and commissioning teams, and trading subsidiary senior teams to grow the overall business, formulating strategies and plans.
- Work with and oversee the subsidiaries to develop strong financial budgeting and reporting mechanisms, including business forecasting, monthly management accounts and timely and accurate annual reporting.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CCAB or equivalent qualified accountant with a proven track record of achievement, with the ability to drive and manage a diverse workforce. The ideal candidate will have worked in or had exposure to local authority working and be used to the highly political nature of working with such a wide-reaching organisation.
You will have also worked in the commercial arena for businesses that have a group or matrix structure. Being able to understand how to drive and support commercial organisations through a period of growth and transformation, is essential for making the role a success. It is also important that you have previously held a senior management position with regular exposure to/or being part of the Executive Team.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right person to join a high performing Group and make a real impact on a well-funded and ambitious organisation. We believe this to be one of the most exciting opportunities of its kind currently in the market.
What's on Offer
£140,000 and excellent benefits
closing date - 23rd October 2020