Group Financial Controller
A high profile Group Financial Controller opportunity
A growing plc
About Our Client
Our client is a successful plc operating in the manufacturing sector. Already a highly successful business, looking ahead, future growth will be derived through organic growth of existing businesses, as well as acquisitions which have potential for growth and performance improvement. This is a high profile group appointment, with a clear path through to either a Divisional FD role, or further progression opportunity in the group finance function.
As the Group Financial Controller, based in the Midlands, you will report to and have daily contact with the CFO.
You will be responsible for the governance of the company's financial affairs. No direct reports but 'dotted lines' to divisional Finance Director's.
Responsibilities will include establishing, maintaining and developing rigorous financial control and reporting standards across the group in line with IFRS reporting standards, as well as preparation of group management accounts and statutory accounts for a PLC
You will also manage the external audit process and group treasury and lead the business forecasting and group budgeting cycle.
Finally, driving forward the highest quality management information, group reporting process, financial controls and systems. You will work closely with the business and the CFO to broaden your operational and commercial finance experience.
The Successful Applicant
For this Group Financial Controller opportunity in the West Midlands, successful candidates must have/be:
- A qualified accountant (preferably ACA) with a few years post-qualification experience already gained in industry
- Previous manufacturing/ engineering industry experience highly desirable
- Demonstrable experience in Consolidations and Preparation of UK listed financial accounts
- An expert Financial Accountant under IFRS and very familiar with UK audit procedures
- Flexible, hands on approach; able to take on multiple tasks and work on own initiative
- The person will also have the energy, ambition and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation
- Ability to build and maintain credible and successful relationships with stakeholders and to question and challenge effectively
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
Up to c.£75,000 basic salary and benefits including a competitive bonus.