Group Financial Controller
An acquisitive and market leading manufacturing group in the Midlands
A high profile Group Financial Controller opportunity
About Our Client
Our client is an established and growing manufacturing group, with multiple factories across the UK, as well as overseas. Looking ahead, they are forecasting continued growth, both organically and through additional strategic acquisitions. It is due to their continued success, our client is now looking to strengthen their group finance team and recruit a Group Financial Controller.
As the Group Financial Controller, based in the West Midlands, you will report to and have daily contact with the Group Finance Director.
- Delivery of monthly management and financial accounts
- Consolidation of monthly and annual accounts
- Presentation of monthly financial information to the management team
- Production of annual statutory accounts, and lead contact for the Group's external auditors
- Control monthly and annual close-down procedures, ensuring integrity of ledgers and control accounts
- Leading the preparation of tax calculations
- Line managing local finance teams across multiple manufacturing sites
- Understanding and supporting the business on profitable business growth, highlighting opportunities and risks
- Assisting with the integration of existing companies across the Group to ensure consistent controls, financial reporting methodology and timelines
- Key involvement in projects, including the implementation of a new ERP system
- Supporting the Board with potential acquisitions
The Successful Applicant
For this Group Financial Controller opportunity in the West Midlands, successful candidates must have/be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a few years post qualification experience already gained in industry
- Demonstrable experience in a finance lead role and must have manufacturing/ engineering industry experience at a management level
- Strong technical accounting skills including IFRS, GAAP and combined with strong commercial awareness to successfully inform the commercial business agenda.
- A proven ability to partner with commercial and operational stakeholders in a fast growing and ambitious business environment
- ERP implementation experience and SAP highly desirable
- Prior acquisitions and integrations experience considered advantageous.
- The person will also have the energy, ambition and enthusiasm to grow and add value to the organisation
- Excellent organisational, analytical and interpersonal skills
What's on Offer
c. £70-75,000 Basic Salary, Car Allowance, Bonus and Benefits