Group Head of Legal & Risk
About Our Client
Craig Mostyn Group is one of Australia's leading diversified food and agribusiness companies. Craig Mostyn produces fresh pork, seafood, protein meal and tallow for domestic and international markets. The Group employs over 550 employees throughout Australia. With head office in Fremantle, Craig Mostyn has been established for close to 100 years and is on an exciting journey of growth, through acquisition and enhancing their approach to business, led by a dynamic and forward-thinking senior leadership team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Group Head of Legal & Risk is accountable for establishing the legal function across the group, to ensure that all divisions receive timely and appropriate legal support. Focused on improving commercial decision making, responsibilities will include:
- Identifying and recommending actions in relation to potential legal risks.
- Ensuring all business activities meet legal and regulatory requirements.
- Act as Company Secretary for CMG and V&V Walsh businesses.
- Draft and review contracts, protecting company reputation, physical and human interests.
- In conjunction with the CFO prepare and complete insurance and risk management documentation.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven qualified legal professional with an extensive network to liaise with for external advice. Expectations will include:
- Demonstrated experience in a significant practice and ideally more recently from an in-house legal position.
- The ability to build strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- The appetite to role up your sleeves and play your part.
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to enhance the commercial decision making through legal advice/support will enable you to further your career in a growing and dynamic organisation. Based in Fremantle you will work closely with like-minded leaders focused on enhancing the business and playing a key part in the future of the agriculture industry. Offering a competitive base salary this newly created role will give you the opportunity to truly make a difference in one of West Australia's most critical sectors.