- Save Job
- Email job
- Fantastic opportunity to build a world-class audit & risk function.
- Working for JCB, the global engineering giant with a rich history.
About Our Client
JCB is one of the largest privately owned engineering and manufacturing companies in the UK and the World's third largest manufacturer of construction machinery. With a global presence and manufacturing facilities on 4 continents, they employ over 15,000 people worldwide and produce over 400 different products.
With a trusted brand that is synonymous with world class innovation. JCB design and build machines for hard work and reliability, using only the most advanced technology and techniques. They produce a broad spectrum of machines from 800kg to nearly 50 tonnes for markets including traditional construction through to defence, waste recycling and agriculture. JCB's success is built upon constant customer focus and innovation in everything they do - "Always looking for a better way".
JCB is leading the sector with Road to Zero technologies including the widest range of electric machines and pioneering work on hydrogen combustion technology.
As Group Head of Risk Management and Internal Audit, you will take full responsibility for the Group Internal Audit function, which has a global remit to provide independent assurance that JCB's risk management, governance and internal control processes are well designed and operating effectively.
The Internal Audit team work in partnership with the business to provide an internal audit service that is agile, collaborative and insightful so that internal audit is an integral part of helping JCB deliver on its business goals and objectives.
JCB has a small internal audit team, which provides internal audit services to all entities within the group; and this is enhanced through co-source arrangements.
As JCB looks to invest more in its risk and assurance management, the successful candidate will have the opportunity to re-engineer the internal audit processes and reporting, develop further the internal team and co-sourcing arrangements; and have greater interaction with key stakeholders in the company.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Gaining and maintaining a thorough understanding of the JCB business model, its manufacturing, supply chain and distribution approach, and overall key strategic and operational objectives
- Preparing and maintaining the JCB Assurance Map, highlighting key risks and mitigating controls
- Preparing and implementing the Group internal audit plan, with a focus on improving the control design and operational effectiveness of controls over key strategic and operational risk areas
- Leading and managing the internal audit team, including co-ordination of internal audit activities across the entire JCB Group. Ensuring strong working relationships across all business functions and with key internal stakeholders
- Being hands-on in the execution of the audit plan, in the investigation of control issues and/or fraud
- Engaging with co-source providers including managing contract terms, relationships and the quality of co-source engagement
- Creating and maintaining appropriate financial budgets, forecasts and plans for the audit function on a global basis
The role is based at JCB's global headquarters in Staffordshire and will require the role holder to be on-site daily. Relocation support is available.
This is a high-profile role with the opportunity to build a world-class audit and risk function in a global engineering giant with a fantastic brand, products and a history of success.
The Successful Applicant
You will be an experienced professional who can readily assume leadership of this important function. Specifically, JCB are looking for a strong individual who can quickly facilitate engagement across the business, whilst still maintaining the discipline, impartiality and service orientation required by this role. Ideal candidates should feel comfortable operating in a fast changing, results focused organisation.
- Internal audit leadership experience, backed up by a relevant professional qualification
- Strong understanding of internal controls, audit protocols and risk management frameworks, preferably within manufacturing/ engineering organisations
- Demonstrated ability to lead/ influence and motivate globally dispersed internal and external teams
- Strong interpersonal, organisational and problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong analytic and project management capabilities
- A solid working knowledge of IT systems. Experience of leveraging IT tools and platforms as an audit enabler
What's on Offer
To reward you for your hard work, JCB will work with you to support your career progression and development. JCB will provide a competitive salary, car allowance and a salary sacrifice electric car scheme, company pension scheme, medical insurance and dental care schemes, access to the company's healthy living centre and 33 days annual leave.
You will also have access to JCB's Reward Hub - giving you fantastic savings across a huge range of high street retailers, as well as access to exclusive company perks such as our Cycle to Work Scheme.
- CFO & Financial Management
- CFO & Financial Management Subsector
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Daniel Yates
- Job reference