- Opportunity to join a prestigious organisation with a social purpose
- Board Level Executive Director Role
About Our Client
Orbit was formed in Coventry in 1967 with the aim of providing good-quality housing for people who would otherwise not be able to buy their own home. Over 50 years later, Orbit is one of the leading housing providers in the UK. The services that Orbit deliver have diversified, their housing portfolio has expanded and their reputation as an innovator in the sector has grown. The organisation is passionate about people and what they can achieve.
Orbit is a progressive and a highly commercial organisation with expertise in building thriving communities and great places where people are proud to live. They believe in creating Profit for a Purpose, which means the more profit they generate, the more they can reinvest in building new homes and improving their services. Orbit reinvests £5m each year back into their local communities to make a positive difference in peoples lives.
- Corporate and Strategic Responsibilities
Work in partnership as a member of the Executive Team, to ensure the long-term viability and success of Orbit Group, contributing to the Orbit Group's Business and Financial Plans.
Actively encourage internal partnerships across the business to deliver Orbit's shared purpose and promote 'One Team' working.
To contribute to business planning and transformation activities, analysing the external environment and identifying opportunities which support the overall business direction.
Identify opportunities and present business cases to develop new services, improving existing services and divest services which do not form part of Orbit's long-term strategic plans.
Actively promote and demonstrate Orbit's culture and values throughout all aspects of the role and the organisation.
- Specific Responsibilities
Lead on the development of all People strategies and plans, including the Orbit 2025 Corporate Strategy, to ensure they are aligned to support the delivery of the Orbit Business Plan.
Oversee the development and delivery of the Corporate Communications and Brand function (including internal and external communications), to ensure that all communications are aligned to Orbit's brand and the brand is promoted positively.
Lead on the development and implementation of strategies that will support the culture and values of Orbit and maintain high levels of staff engagement.
Drive the development and promotion of a leading employer brand throughout the employee lifecycle.
Drive a positive organisational culture through the delivery of Orbit's Great Place to Work plans.
Provide strategic HR advice and guidance to the Orbit Board, CEO and Executive Directors.
Ensure appropriate development and succession opportunities are in place for staff/ leadership of the business to recruit and retain key talent.
Deliver effective resourcing policies and support to ensure the recruitment of the right people to meet the needs of the business whilst maintaining Value for Money.
Lead on the design and delivery of great HR processes and systems (infrastructure, management information, self service, administration)
Deliver a leading-edge reward and benefits strategy.
Be a main Executive member of the Governance and Renumeration Committee.
- General Responsibilities
Take responsibility for own personal development with support from CEO, and work effectively within a high performing Executive Team.
Contribute to the financial plan, produce local budgets, monitor, and manage expenditure continuously and drive greater efficiency and value.
Identify and manage risk, working within Orbits risk management framework and deliver assurance to Boards that effective internal controls are in place.
Drive and embed a culture of Customer First and Value for Money through all activities within the directorate.
Ensure the intention and spirit of Orbit's equality and diversity strategy is fully implemented at all times across the organisation and within the communities in which Orbit operates.
To fully comply with the documented Orbit Management Standards and Code of Conduct obligations, and to display the required behaviours and values at all times.
Working within established reporting and risk management systems, ensure compliance with regulatory and legislative requirements, group standing orders, policies and procedures and Orbit's corporate standards within department.
Assume additional responsibilities that may arise from time to time and are commensurate with this position.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following key competencies and technical expertise:
- Degree level education or equivalent through relevant training and experience.
- FCIPD qualified and evidence of continuous professional development.
- Significant experience of operating at Director level, working with Boards.
- Strong experience of developing and delivering HR/OD strategies and translating strategy into practical plans of action.
- Experience of coaching and consulting at a senior level.
- Experience of design and delivery of engagement and communication strategies and plans.
- Experience of managing corporate communications and brand activities is desirable.
- Experience of managing mergers, acquisitions, TUPE transfers.
Technical and Professional Skills
- Track record of delivering cultural change and business led HR/OD strategies.
- Extensive experience of acting as a change agent, leading, and managing change programmes and working proactively to make organisational change happen.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Employment Law, and delivery of pragmatic solutions to meet business needs.
- Ability to work with others to drive change and transformation, ensuring clear and effective communication strategies and plans.
- Understanding and practical experience of programme and project management principles and implementation.
- Ability to develop and deliver engagement and communication strategies and plans that 'make a difference'.
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills.
- Strong presentational and interpersonal skills.
Problem solving and decision-making
- Thinks strategically and able to translate into action 'on the ground'.
- Balances logic and intuition.
- Ability to analyse complex situations.
Managing, Leading and Team Working
- Supports and demonstrates the organisations' values.
- Highly effective leader with the ability to inspire, motivate and develop staff to maximise potential and drive a performance culture.
- Ability to develop and maintain constructive relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
- Networks and builds effective working relationships with others.
- Negotiates confidently and effectively.
Planning and Organising
- Prioritises and plans effectively.
- Balances long and short-term objectives.
What's on Offer
A highly competitive package and opportunity to work for a commercial organisation with a social purpose.