Head of Business Risk & Compliance
Drive and implement global risk and compliance frameworks
Safeguard and strengthen relationship with people, customers and brand
About Our Client
Our client is a global retailer that is expanding its reach and customer connection through organic growth and adding new formats and platforms. They are an international organisation with an excellent track record and working culture where career advancement is a real option.
The of Head of Risk and Compliance will work with Group function to drive, implement and monitor the performance of the Risk and Compliance framework and operations in relevant Group Functions and Business Areas to enable proactive handling of risk based on business needs. The role will help empower people and the business to grasp the many opportunities and to take responsible risks every day while safeguarding their people, customer relationships, assets and the brand.
Key tasks and responsibilities will include;
- Work with relevant stakeholders to develop, maintain and implement Business Risk & Compliance policies, guidelines and frameworks to maximise business value in Group functions and Business Areas
- In cooperation with Group Functions and Business Areas, ensure that risk and compliance capabilities are well embedded when creating and executing towards strategic and tactical business objectives and are right by design
- Ensure Group Functions and Business Areas have the right knowledge and competences needed to become risk aware and compliance
- Be an advisory partner to equip business leaders to take better risk awareness and compliance conscious decisions
- Lead and conduct compliance verification activities within the group function or business area in line with internal control framework
- In close collaboration with stakeholders secure the movement towards standardised and automated ways of working
- Lead and inspire a risk and compliance mindset, raise risk awareness and promote risk culture that supports growth and maximises business value
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate(s) for the Head of Risk and Compliance will have a strong track record in risk management either in digital/technology risk roles or within general wider business risk context.
Ideally from retail or consumer-facing organisations, although other industries may be considered, you will have strong knowledge of how to assess and mitigate risk in a business environment. You will have broad transferable knowledge of procedures for assessing, evaluating and monitoring compliance to national laws, regulations and guidance. This will be supported by the extensive experience of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage relevant stakeholder. This will help you deliver an optimal balance between opportunities and risks across an entire organisation while creating a risk-aware culture.
You will also have specific capabilities around;
- Driving strategy -achieve long term business objectives
- Networking - across business connections
- Dealing with ambiguity - handling unclear or unpredictable situations
- Driving change p champion new methods, digital systems and processes to improve performance
- Planning and organising
- Apply industry insights - looks for industry trends, outlook and emerging technology
You will be passionate and energised to work with an organisation that puts the customer at the centre of driving business growth while being aware of wider environmental and social impacts it has on regional markets. You will be motivated to lead people and inspired to work in a large complex global business. Your leadership skills will help you build strong relationships, collaborate and co-create with colleagues, inspire and clarify, unleash entrepreneurial flair and lead via business values.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic, benefits and bonus. Relocation package and support available