Head of Business Strategy and Performance
Key role with international retailer
Pan-European role drive grwoth and sustained profitability
About Our Client
My client is an international retailer that is proactively responding to changing customer behaviours and the retail sector by developing new formats and channels. They are a highly progressive organisation that wants to achieve extraordinary growth and customer experience.
They are a highly empowering and collaborative organisation that offers everyday challenges, long term career enrichment and development.
As the Head of Business Strategy and Performance you will navigate the growth and secure sustained profitability of the business in line with overall business direction, strategies and customer demands. You will be a pro-active, trustworthy business partner who takes a multi-dimensional view of the business, connecting the needs of customers and the organisation with a complete overview of the profit & loss, and understanding of the balance sheet and cash flow management supporting and challenging the organisation through business-case thinking. You will also take the lead in developing and promoting lean, simple and effective ways of working.
* Be responsible for leading and co-ordinating the financial business planning process in assigned retail countries, ensuring that the financial plan is aligned with the BPL priorities in the countries while involving and creating commitment among stakeholders when setting the goals
* Be responsible for navigating, together with relevant stakeholders, towards growth and sustained profitability, identifying and evaluating business opportunities
* Lead & implement together with other relevant stakeholders the retail business & people agenda with a multi-dimensional view considering market, consumer, customer, commercial, co-worker, financial and operational perspectives
* Lead the change in mind-set to a truly Integrated Multichannel Retail Approach
* Secure cross-organisational readiness and continued business growth in terms of competence, performance and succession through enabling an end-to-end approach
The Successful Applicant
To be the successful Head of Business Strategy and Performance you will have a strong track record in retail or possibly retail consultancy. You will have responsibility in business strategy or finance related field, and with experience in larger international structures. You are appreciated for strong ability to prioritise, provide clear directions and multi-task, and for high proficiency in spoken and written English.
You have knowledge in following areas:
- Strong background in balancing investments needed for growth with the risk related to those
- Strong financial background, including an understanding of profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow management and general finance and budgeting
- Comprehensive knowledge of the retail sector
- Good understanding of data science, new technologies, analytics and their wide ranging application in business context
- Advanced knowledge of how to create and implement change initiatives and manage stakeholders
- Good knowledge of project management processes including methods and tools; and how to integrate them
- Good knowledge of the customer needs, demands and expectations on the markets
We believe the Head of Business Strategy and Performance will a strategic, tactical and operational business partner, with strong analytical skills, you can translate market/business needs into financial consequences and solutions to maximize efficiency and performance. You are a strong network and relationship builder, both within and outside of the own organization, and you have strong ability to recognise external trends and translate them into business opportunities. Being a strong communicator with capacity to influence decisions and create energy and commitment within the organisation, as well as being able to handle a constantly changing environment with many different stakeholders and demands, is in your scope. Furthermore, you are able to inspire individuals and teams to accomplish organisational goals.
What's on Offer
Competitive basic and package. Relocation allowance and support provided for suitable candidates