- Novel vaccine and proprietary technology platfrom
- Commercialized assets and upcoming pipeline
About Our Client
With over 15 years of history, our client is a global commercial-stage biotechnology company committed to developing novel vaccines for infectious diseases. They leveraged the core inhouse technology platform to develop and license COVID-19 vaccine in China that will be launched early in 2023. They also expect other licensure approvals in other countries in the 1H of 2023. The pipeline includes Next Generation COVID-19, RSV and Rabies vaccines. Further strategy also includes expansion into pediatric vaccines. Their R&D is organized globally with a significant proportion of staff in the US, EU and China.
As the 'Head of China Development' you will be appointed to oversee the strategic and operational agenda in the field of vaccines for all China domestic related development activities. Aligned with corporate objectives and R&D global goals, the incumbent will manage a cross functional team of representatives from all development functions and chair the China Development Management Team (CDMT) to advance new targets and candidate products with First-in-Class potential, or BIC potential that have the impact of First- in-Class products. The Head of China Development will also play a crucial role interacting with KOLs to ensure our development activities are 'state-of-the-art' and to promote collaborative opportunities with major Chinese institutions.As the Head of the CDMT the key objectives are to improve internal capabilities and experience across development in China, and to empower individuals within the hub to prepare and execute high quality development activities in China, aligned where applicable with global development activities.
- Overall responsibility to navigate the strategic and operational agenda for vaccine development activities in China and thereby ensure that all specific needs for China are fully incorporated into company Integrated Development Plans (IDPs).
- Chair and manage the China Development Management Team (CDMT) that includes the following core vaccine development functions: Clinical Development, Clinical Operations, Clinical Immunology, Biostatistics, Data Management, Clinical QA, Regulatory and Medical Affairs.
- Responsible to ensure all development functions in China are well aligned at the project and portfolio level, driving entrepreneurial solutions for development challenges, and working closely with R&D Project Chairs to ensure China specific needs are represented.
- As a senior R&D manager, report directly into the President of Global R&D and serve as a permanent member of the Global R&D Management Team (RDLT).
- Act as the 'voice' of Vaccine Development in China internally and externally; with a strong outward facing role with major Chinese institutions and KOLs to establish development partnerships and new opportunities in vaccines.
- Deliver a 'can-do' culture and bring together stakeholders across the organization in China to ensure robust and agile development plans that meet China's needs. Liaise closely with China Manufacturing Industrial Operations, China Commercial and other non-R&D groups in China to align development plans.
- Build and maintain strong, proactive, relations with Global R&D functions.
The Successful Applicant
- Ideally M.D., or Ph.D. in a field relevant for vaccines.
- Proven track record and expertise in the pharmaceutical industry in China with experience building, executing and managing development activities (preferably in vaccines).
- An established network of KOL's in major Chinese institutions.
- Excellent bilingual Chinese and English language skills.
- Proven track record involved in the development and licensure of several biologics/vaccines.
- All-round experience across all aspects of vaccine development, combined with Commercial acumen.
- Appetite for change and change management.
- Proven agile ways of working.
What's on Offer
Successful candidate will be offered competitive market package along with the opportunity to develop within the team of professionals.