- Oversee China business and report to Global CEO
- Boutique strategic intelligence for pharamceutical industry
About Our Client
Deallus is a global management consulting firm specialised in life sciences and with a legacy in delivering commercial strategy through a competitive intelligence lens. We empower clients to achieve competitive advantage through generation of strategic intelligence and actionable insights. Our strength is unrivalled therapeutic area expertise, deep u
understanding of our client needs, and proven methodologies to deliver strategic value across the product life-cycle and the broader organisation.Deallus has global staff short of 100 people, and presence in all major pharmaceutical markets through offices
in L.A., New York City, London, Tokyo, and Shanghai, and more than 25 languages spoken by Deallus staff. We serve every other top-25 global pharma, and have therapeutic area strength ins Oncology, Rare Disease, Vaccines, and other speciality categories, as well as most of the primary care space.
- Designs and delivers a targeted sales approach for key accounts, ensuring alignment across client teams and other key internal stakeholders to maximize client growth and leverage opportunities across the Deallus network, as well as optimization of Deallus service offerings within the account.
- Leads business development activity, on key accounts and for new clients, to include pitches, proposals, informal meetings, etc
- Creates and communicates a compelling Value Proposition to clients, creatively blending Deallus' full range of service offering s and effectively articulating our market niche.
- Forecasts sales planning for assigned accounts, and drives account performance
- Supports colleagues in winning new business against areas of expertise.
- Acting as Key Account Lead, grows client accounts by developing and building relationships with key stakeholders within the account, to include identifying new opportunities and new relationships
- Manages client accounts to achieve agreed revenue and profit targets
- Oversees, plans and manages accounts to ensure effective and accurate resourcing, the production of high-quality deliverable and delivery of a positive customer experience
- Supports Project Managers (PM's) to deliver high quality work and manage client relationships within projects
- Manages all legal and contractual elements of the client relationship, in partnership with the COO & CFO, to include price negotiation, payment terms, SOW, travel conditions, etc.
- Supports the development of new service offerings and / or products, in line with business strategic aims
- Identifies and leads thought leadership initiatives to support the growth of Deallus' brand in the market
- Develops the skillset of junior employees to support the development and delivery of a broader service offering
- Continues to drive profitability of projects by ensuring effective pricing, in line with our strategic goals
- Mentors and develops a group of employees, to include the full spectrum of management activities (e.g. performance management, coaching, development, mentoring, dealing effectively with employee relations issues, employee engagement, etc.)
- Acts as a change agent; as a member of the Extended Leadership Team (XLT), supports the ongoing management of the business and leads change initiatives to address business issues / help develop the region for the future.
- Role models the Deallus values and key behaviours.
Office and Operational Leadership
- Identifies strategies to drive operational success and generate efficiencies in China
- Ensures the Deallus global business recognizes and appreciates nuances in ways of working in China or with employees based in China
- Responsible for driving staffing decisions for the team which ensure effective of resources utilisation while meeting development needs
The Successful Applicant
- In-market experience, with the pharmaceutical market in China while an understanding APAC markets
- Previous employment with a life-science consulting firm in China or US/EU with experience working as part of global teams
- Proven success leading client accounts and driving proactive business development, exceeding revenue targets and network of strong client relationships and previous work
- Experience managing complex projects
- Line management experience and proven Leadership skills (functional, team, client, etc.)
- Track record of professional success, with successive stages of advancement/ promotion
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Experience in pharma competitive intelligence (desirable)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
What's on Offer
You will be offered Head of China role to oversee local strategy and operations. You will report directly to Global CEO and work closely with APAC colleagues
This comes with competitive base pay and bonus scheme.