- A key leadership role within the Enginuity team
- This is a newly created role within the organisation
About Our Client
In February 2020, the Semta Group, the employer led skills body supporting the UK's engineering &
manufacturing sectors, became Enginuity, a new engineering and skills organisation.
Enginuity is a registered charity and provides public benefit by:
* Supporting Engineering and Manufacturing to drive a positive and growing contribution from the sector both in
terms of jobs and contribution to GDP
* Supporting employers in identifying future skills requirements and developing or sourcing appropriate
education and skills solutions to upskill and reskill their existing workforce thereby maintaining people in
employment for longer whilst also promoting the sector as an attractive and worthwhile career
* Ensuring that individuals and employers can access high quality engineering skills training programmes,
assessment, and validation to keep their skills and competency relevant, up to date, and evidenced
* Inspiring individuals with latent talent who may not have considered engineering and help individuals already
interested in a career in engineering to understand their potential and be given opportunities for development
* Ensuring that ethics and safety of the public is integrated into all training both directly and through partners to
create the right environment for and build trust in engineers to tackle some of society's most pressing issues
such as climate change.
The role of the Head of Commercial and Advisory is to facilitate financial growth through increased revenue from charitable project delivery and commercial projects.
A key leadership role within the Enginuity team, you will be responsible for leading customer engagement and delivering their specific needs through the use, and customisation, of their products. Their product range includes the creation of digital learning games, compilation of skills taxonomy, foresighting of future skills needs and curation of curricula to deliver the skills needs. You will be responsible for the entire customer journey, from gathering requirements and agreeing commercial terms, delivering technical requirements to the product team, using their products as a service, and delivering high quality outcomes.
Their ambition is to grow the consultancy service over a short period of time and as this growth occurs, you will assume responsibility for additional team members to support the business growth.
Commercial and Customer Account Management
- Actively partnering with Head of Policy and Partnerships and Head of Brand and Communications to identify market opportunities for commercial revenue generation, actively promoting the expertise of Enginuity products and demonstrating how the capabilities can solve clients' challenges.
- Accurately capturing customer requirements and working in collaboration with Product Owners to determine how the existing product suite can be used, and adapted, to meet the customer need.
- Support the creation of a pricing strategy to ensure competitiveness whilst delivering high levels of profitability.
- Estimation of project resource requirements, compilation of internal business case and creation of customer proposals.
- Ensuring the protection of Enginuity's physical, digital, and financial assets through the implementation of non-disclosure, intellectual property, and commercial agreements.
Use and customisation of products
- Conversion of proposed product adaptations into internal technical requirements with the support of the Product Owner.
- Collaboration with Product Owner to determine prioritisation of Product adaptations, with other internal development opportunities, to meet customer schedule.
- Application of existing, and adapted, products as a service to deliver insight to the customer.
- Maintaining project schedule and chairing regular communications with customer to ensure they are fully aware of progress being made, any challenges identified, and actions being taken to mitigate risk.
- Actively proposing ideas for future product offering based on customer needs, reducing the amount of adaptation needed on a per customer basis, and increasing margin per project.
Customer outcome delivery
- Presentation of customer specific insight in an intuitive and informative format.
- Training of customers in the use of any tools created.
- Validation that the delivered outcome achieves all customer requirements.
Business Process Development
- Supporting Enginuity Transformation Team to identify opportunities to improve existing business processes associated with proposal creation and service delivery.
- Responsible for the recruitment and leadership of a small team of Implementation Consultants.
The Successful Applicant
- Significant commercial experience and generalist knowledge across customer account management
- Experience of working within a productised consultancy environment, offering customised products to clients and modifying existing products to meet customer need
- Estimation of internal and external resource requirements to deliver on project objectives
- Experience of collating competitive and profitable proposals
- Experience leading high performing teams driving high levels of employee engagement
- Experience working in an agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Knowledge of process flows, customer journey mapping and service design
- Knowledge of using digital products to deliver intuitive, and informative, insight to customers
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate a clear narrative to colleagues and stakeholders of the team vision and UX methods
- The ability to present up to C-suite level and communicate technical concepts to non-technical people
- Ability to build positive relationships across the business and with customers
- Good critical thinking skills and the ability to constructively challenge key decisions with stakeholders and influence cohesive solutions
- An understanding of data focused ideology
- A strong user focus ensuring the Customer needs are recognised and accommodated with experience of drawing insights from user research to aid this
- Ability to review contractual information, and defend the position of Enginuity
What's on Offer
This role is home-based however travel will be required. This role will pay up to £75K for the right person.
There are comprehensive benefits including:
- 25 days holiday rising by 1 day per year with service to a maximum of 27 days
- 3 paid privilege days taken between Christmas and New Year
- Payment for professional subscriptions
- Family friendly policies
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Wellbeing Programme