- Leadership position in a well recognized not for profit organization
- Strategic leadership
About Our Client
ISO is the most influential global developer of International Standards.
They bring together experts to share knowledge and develop standards that provide solutions to the most pressing challenges of the world, making lives better, easier and safer.
This role is an exciting opportunity to join our highly professional and mission-driven team at the Central Secretariat (ISO/CS) in Geneva, Switzerland. ISO is committed to be an equal opportunity employer and to creating a culture and environment where each employee is an active contributor to our collective success.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any personal orientation.
In this new position, the Head of Commercial Policy and Marketing reports to the Deputy Secretary General and oversees all activities related to commercial policy, marketing and customer support.
The Head of Commercial Policy and Marketing is responsible for the commercial policy, marketing and customer support of the ISO Central Secretariat (ISO/CS).
This includes defining the respective teams' priorities and ensuring successful operational delivery, contributing to the organizational strategy, overseeing the interpretation and implementation of ISO's commercial policy, and liaising with other ISO/CS units to ensure coordination of work.
- Implement, interpret and update ISO's commercial and copyright policies, ensuring they support the objectives of ISO's Strategy in the commercial area, in coordination with relevant ISO governance groups.
- Communicate, assist and advise ISO members and end-users on how to implement and exploit the rights and provisions set in ISO's commercial and copyright policies while ensuring their terms and conditions are respected.
- Develop innovative proposals for the evolution of ISO products, services and business model and coordinate their implementation with other units of ISO/CS and in collaboration with ISO Members and the relevant governance groups
- Develop and implement the marketing approach of ISO/CS to optimize the global positioning of ISO international standards and support the strategic objectives of 'standards used everywhere' and 'all voices heard'.
- Contribute to projects in the ISO Strategy 2030 from a commercial and end-user-centric perspective.
- Manage customer service processes, e-commerce platforms and related KPIs to enhance customer experience and satisfaction.
- Collaborate with other units of ISO/CS to strengthen the marketing capabilities of ISO Members.
- Collaborate with other units of ISO/CS to identify, establish and manage the appropriate commercial and marketing related partnerships for the achievement of ISO strategic goals, in coordination with the relevant governance groups.
- Negotiate license and reproduction agreements of ISO content, including those that pertain to the ongoing digitalization of ISO standards.Develop, implement and maintain an information system about the competitive landscape of international standards development.
- Manage, report and budget ISO/CS sales and copyright revenue.
- Provide leadership, direction and support to the team.
The Successful Applicant
Qualification and Skills
- University education or equivalent background, preferably with a relevant master's degree.
- At least 10 years of international experience in commercial operations, marketing or other relevant areas.
- Solid experience with business models based on the exploitation of intellectual property.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic and systemic thinking.
- Capacity to design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures.
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing and interpersonal skills commensurate with relationship building at a senior level and with various stakeholders.
- Solid management experience of a multicultural and high-performance team.
- Ability to adapt quickly to different environments and to work under tight deadlines.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Proficiency in English. Fluency in other languages is an asset.
- Experience with customer support, e-commerce platforms and copyright is an asset.
- Enthusiastic to work in a mission-oriented, collaborative, autonomous and human-centered environment.
What's on Offer
This role is reporting to the Deputy Secretary General of ISO.