- Save Job
- Email job
- leadership sales position working in one of the UK's largest sectors
- Ability to shape and grow a strategic key channel
About Our Client
Nuclear Transport Solutions is part of the UK's Nuclear Decommissioning Authority (NDA), a public body responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient clean-up of the UK's nuclear legacy.
Our primary objective is to support the NDA's mission. Our work involves a range of activities including transporting spent fuel from UK power stations to Sellafield, the return of reprocessing products to customers overseas, and packaging and licensing support to the NDA group.
We are responsible for developing an overview of all transport activities required to deliver the NDA mission, and identifying opportunities to do them more efficiently and sustainability.
As well as safely transporting materials to, from and between NDA sites, we use our world-leading expertise to provide nuclear transport solutions for a range of customers in the UK and overseas.
Candidates for this role should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Ability to understand and embed commercial best practice in their teams
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) at all levels with the ability to build strong external relationships to enhance and strengthen the company's profile.
- Knowledge of the Nuclear industry and / or transport and logistics sector.
- Leadership experience in a complex, private sector large corporate environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment to enabling diversity, equality, and inclusion and a track record of supporting positive outcomes in this area
What are the key deliverables and accountabilities of the role?
- Successfully manage domestic and international contracts with core customers.
- Develop commercial strategies for retain and grow strategic relationships with existing and target customers, partners and suppliers.
- Provide senior leadership and expertise to the shipping business on customers/markets/competitors and to drive the growth through proactive marketing and promotion.
- Lead and develop the Commercial Shipping team to ensure that the right capability and capacity is in place to meet the demands and vision/strategy of the function and business line.
- Lead in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring.
- Increase equality, diversity and inclusion in individual teams and the Division by creating a culture of respect
- Live the following guiding culture principles:
- Freedom -our people have the freedom to perform within boundaries
- Helpfulness - will work together to help each other and our customers
- Drive - be confident, curious and innovative
The Successful Applicant
- Degree in science, engineering or business-related subject and/or significant experience in business development and contracts
- Higher degree or equivalent experience or professional qualification
- Significant experience and demonstrable track record in :
- business development/sales
- negotiation and management of high value contracts
- development of product specific business plans
- managing teams
- budget management
- development of teams
- Be open to international business travel. Whilst experience of leading negotiations in Asia is desired, it is not essential.
What's on Offer
Excellent Basic Salary
- Procurement & Supply Chain
- Procurement & Supply Chain Subsector
- Public Sector & Not-For-Profit
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Ben Carr
- Job reference