Head of Compliance & MLRO
Head of Compliance & MLRO
Investment Banking, Broking
About Our Client
Is broker offering trading access for experienced traders to products traded on many markets and exchanges throughout the world.
Compliance Director's role is to ensure that the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed and that appropriate controls and surveillance are taking place.
The successful candidate will direct operational compliance activity through active leadership and advise the Board of Directors on compliance matters. The Compliance Director will also be responsible to implement conduct controls to embed compliance culture, oversee and ensure that all appropriate regulatory returns are made on time and have oversight of regulatory permissions and variations of permissions. The Compliance Director will have responsibility to develop and implement the compliance monitoring programme, undertake an annual compliance risk assessment and manage the development and delivery of compliance training.
The successful candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the firm's systems and controls against money laundering, including leading the definition and supervising the implementation of the financial crime programme. The candidate will face the company's compliance AML team, the onboarding team as well as the sales and client services teams, and provide guidance and feedback to the Senior AML Associate to ensure expedient compliance account processing.
- Develop polices, material and training programmes to educate employees on compliance issues.
- Implement and oversee the compliance monitoring programme.
- Oversee the reporting framework.
- Act as first point of contact for regulators.
- Independently investigate and act on matters related to compliance, including the flexibility to design and coordinate internal investigations.
- Work closely with the General Counsel and other control functions to build an effective governance and control framework.
- Assist the AML Senior Associate with any queries relating to KYC processes to ensure adherence to internal procedures and industry best practice.
- Assist the Surveillance and the AML Senior Associates in gathering information and prepare responses to enquiries from the FCA and/or other EEA regulatory bodies or law enforcement agencies and the submission of SARS to the NCA.
The Successful Applicant
- Experience in a Compliance leadership role within an FCA regulated firm
- CF10/11 experience ideally from a brokerage environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A good working knowledge of POCA, JMLSG, Fourth Money Laundering Directive and the key FCA principles for the financial services sector (brokerage, bank or securities industry).
- Solid knowledge of KYC processes and understanding of the requirements for risk-based approach to on-boarding.
- Strong analytical skills to use data/metrics for risk monitoring.
- Must have ability to work in a pressurised medium-size office environment.
What's on Offer
Excellent salary and package available