- world wide leader in its sector
- Based in Lausanne/Geneva
About Our Client
Global listed leader in its field with cutting edge systems and innovative products that is operating in more than 150 countries which is going to a large digital transformation in the field of Data Management.
- Build and implement together with your team a global Data Management HUB
- Drive strategy, implementation, and oversight of a modern data management hub incorporating graph technology using advanced AI capabilities and big data scale performance in the cloud, centralising processes for data usage, ownership, and sharing.
- Partner and collaborate with functional leads and data governance managers to identify, lead, and manage innovative approaches to solve business process challenges using data management capabilities such as meta data tagging, data cleansing, standardisation/validation services, quality monitoring, reference and master data management.
- Manage an inclusion & caring culture by rewarding performance, actively coaching and mentoring direct reports with regular feedback, and developing employees for wider roles & responsibilities to foster professional growth, collaboration, and creativity.
- Work closely across projects and with business and technology stakeholders to educate and influence data solutions to adopt an enterprise-wide data management program.
- Establish an effective operational team to deliver on a centralised approach for exception management, root cause analysis, and issue resolution with dashboards & tracking controls.
- Manage budgeted resources by anticipating expenditures, accurately forecasting resource needs/costs and properly accounting for expenses to meet requirements and achieve fiscal responsibility.
- Lead a productive support team to drive efficiency's and enterprise data maturity through automation and process improvements.
- Evangelise and Promote data management & governance as the key driver to using trusted information for key business processes and decisions.
The Successful Applicant
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering, Information Management or Information Technology,
- Fluent English, both written and spoken
- Minimum 5 to 10 years in an architecture, governance, compliance or IS functions
- Minimum 3 to 5 years in a multinational corporate environment demonstrating exposure and/or expertise in Commercial, Marketing, Consumers, Commerce. Combining with Project Management would be a plus.
Skills and expertise:
- Able to lead and motivate global cross-functional teams
- Deep and broad knowledge of data management capabilities and tools: metadata, standardization/validation services, data quality, reference and master data management
- Exhibits acute business acumen and understanding of organizational data issues and challenges
- Leader who collaborates effectively across corporate and regions with strong influencing capabilities that can build consensus and drive change
- Ability to think strategically while operating tactically to implement a global data management solution
- Practical leadership in data management tools (SAP Intelligence Hub, SAP Information Steward, Talend, IBM Infosphere, etc.)
- Strong data knowledge, dealing with variety of data and sources: master, transactional, IoT
- Strong communication and writing skills in English
- Strong Cloud computing knowledge preferred (ideally AWS)
- Procedural knowledge of open stack technologies like Python and Scala
- Storytelling ability using data and ability to communicate complex subjects in business friendly language.
What's on Offer
you will be building something that will have a lasting impact on the organisation and you will be working in a global environment with colleague from around the world.