- The business is undergoing significant change and transformation.
- Championing modern, agile digital practices
About Our Client
UK Shared Business Services Ltd (UK SBS) is owned by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy (BEIS) and UK Research and Innovation (UKRI). It is a government shared service provider with one of the widest ranges of service provision within the UK public sector. We provide administrative and professional services to six public sector partners across Finance, HR and Payroll, Information Technology (IT), and Procurement. We have a unique partnership relationship with our owners, who are also the major part of our client base, and whose employees are the end-users of our service. We provide seamless support to our partners so that they can focus on their core mission.
We aim to become a very different organisation over the next few years. Together with our partners, we will transform the end-to-end way we work together, aligning services to the Cabinet Office Global Standards, we will embrace modern digital technology and techniques to ensure UK SBS delivers quality business and specialist services, effectively and efficiently, to the highest standards. To enable this UK SBS is undergoing significant changes in its own internal leadership, capacity, capability, culture and ways of working as we strive to deliver efficiencies and service quality improvement alongside an unprecedented increase in service volumes and the number and complexity of programmes and projects for us and our partners.
- Further develop the organisational design for the Digital and Data team, identifying and implementing the appropriate resources, skills and capabilities.
- Recruit, develop and performance manage the team.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to the team, D&I, and across UK SBS; support the breaking down of silos.
- As a member of the UK SBS Senior Leadership Group, model the culture and behaviours required to bring to life UK SBS's values.
- Champion digital and cloud services, as well as the adoption of agile project delivery and a DevOps culture.
Team Capacity & Capability
- Integrate existing and emerging UK SBS capabilities into the Digital function (Application Support, DevOps, Automation, Agile/Automated Testing)
- Develop and implement a strategy for Data and Analytics Services for UKSBS and our customers.
- Provide strong Data and Analytics leadership and direction to the team and across UKSBS.
- Champion the concept and provision of Data as a Service DaaS, developing a service catalogue and delivery methodology.
- Develop a digital and data services vision and deliver a service portfolio for UK SBS, building on the Government Digital Standards and industry best practices.
- Develop and implement plans to exploit data with cloud and SaaS-based digital technologies to transform the UK SBS working methods.
- Define and implement key financial and other metrics and performance reports to demonstrate the effectiveness of UK SBS digital services.
Delivery, Programmes and Projects
- Act as SRO and/or Programme Lead for major UK SBS digital initiatives and drive the realisation of benefits.
- Coordinate your teams' contributions to a range of programmes and projects with prioritisation and stakeholder management.
- Identify opportunities for service effectiveness enhancements, quality improvements and operational efficiencies.
- Leads the development and delivery of UK SBS Digital and Data Services ensuring consistency with specified requirements agreed with both external and internal customers.
- Works with the Portfolio Manager to ensure the UK SBS roadmap reflects the development of new digital services; supports prioritisation of programmes and projects.
- Ensures that appropriate standards (corporate, industry, government, national and international) are adhered to.
Engagement And Change
- Develop excellent relationships with a wide range of key senior stakeholders across government and shared services to inform UK SBS's digital strategy.
- Engage with key stakeholders and clients to understand and support the delivery of their digital plans and aspirations.
- Build collaborative relationships across the business and with internal and external teams and partners to deliver the UK SBS digital and data services vision.
- Support colleagues to make the transition to a digital world; champion the understanding of Digital for UK SBS.
- Undertake ad-hoc activities in support of the CDIO and other Executives.
- Deputise for the CDIO, as required.
The Successful Applicant
- A broad technical understanding - enabling the effective application of technology to meet business needs.
- A proven track record of delivering customer-centric service solutions.
- Experience in project and programme management skills.
- Skills in the production of technical standards and policies
- Strong skills in understanding and analysing business requirements, interpreting these for the creation of digital and data services.
- Proven track record in the development and delivery of digital and data services and the capabilities to support them.
- Experience in working at a senior level, employing sound risk management and governance principles.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills together with the ability to develop good working relationships with both the business, our partners and service providers.
- Excellent leadership skills and behaviours and experience in developing high performing teams.
- Aptitude for driving innovation.
- Educated to Degree or MBA level or proven comparable experience.
- Knowledge of digital and data service design, implementation and operational delivery within a public sector shared services environment
Skills and Abilities
- Enthusiastic, motivated, adaptable and proactive with the ability to work flexibly in a changing environment; highly resilient and politically astute.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to influence, build and maintain strong working relationships with a wide range of stakeholders; collaborative and consultative.
- Adopt, promote and embed UK SBS values.
What's on Offer
A competitive package to be discussed on a one to one basis.