Head of Digital
Newly created role
High profile role, with full P&L accountability
About Our Client
I have partnered with a category leader within the building design space. A company that has a proud Australian manufacturing heritage and is known for best in class service and products. A business that pushes for continuous improvement and is on a relentless journey to drive innovation. They see innovation as a way of life and have a constant desire to make things better.
They have made a commitment to sustainability and are the first business in their category to be internationally recognised for leading the charge with developing products that reduce harm to the environment.
With a commitment to achieving diversity of thought, their D&I agenda is not just written in the corporate brochure, it is embedded within their business.
Reporting into the CEO, the focus of the Head of Digital is to develop, lead and deliver an over-arching end to end digital experience. The Head of Digital is to provide expert strategic support and is accountable for developing excellent customer journeys and driving online sales.
Head of Digital will have full P&L accountability. Initially leading a small team, they are looking to scale and grow. This role requires the ability to work in a lean environment and will need someone with the ability to flex between strategy and operations. As an all-encompassing Head of Digital role- this is an opportunity to really drive change and create a legacy.
The scope of the role includes; digital strategy, CX, leadership, P&L management, digital platform leadership, digital transformation. Success will only be accomplished through effective collaboration with peers and colleagues across the business.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate will have a proven background in B2B sales and E-Commerce channels. The ideal candidate will be able to operate in a lean environment and has proven experience in building teams, systems, processes and strategy from scratch. We are looking for a Digital expert that can thrive in an autonomous yet fully collaborative role.
Skills and experience:
- A proven digital sales / E-Commerce leader
- Proven leadership experience of engaging, inspiring and driving performance in remote management of a team in multiple geographies
- Extensive strategic planning, digital, financial and operational management experience
- Strong commercial and business acumen, experience of running a P&L, technical capability in scoping, costing and developing business cases and delivery models
- Proven experience of building effective relationships with peers and senior stakeholders within the business
- Ability to translate highly technical and financially complicated issues into straightforward terms.
- Demonstrated business and analytical skills
- Experience in driving a digital change and transformation agenda, bringing stakeholders on a journey
- Ability to demonstrate capabilities of best practice to drive online sales across both B2B and B2C
- Digital savvy, strong understanding of how digital channels drive traffic and conversion on site
What's on Offer
Based in Melbourne, this is a rare opportunity for someone to grow a team from scratch leave a legacy, being proud to work for an Australian business that supports Australian manufacturing. Reporting into the CEO, we are looking for a proven digital leader that is driven and motivated to build the digital ecosystem and online sales.
You will be joining a business that is committed to its people and places investment and importance in their development and career journey. A fully flexible approach to working, with a competitive salary package and benefits.
If you are looking for a role and a business that values innovation and is primed to embark on a high growth digital journey- this could be the role for you