Head of eCommerce - Global MNC
China Focused - Shanghai Based
About Our Client
Our client is internationally recoginised as a true market leader in the consumer goods industry. eCommerce is a critical component of the organisations growth plan for 2020 and beyond.
The Head of China eCommerce will be a key player on the senior leadership team for companies Digital Revenue channel. This individual will be responsible for defining the China strategy for eCommerce operations and creating a world-class digital shopping experience for the consumer. In addition, this individual will be responsible for fostering cross functional relationships with the following teams: Sales and Marketing, Software Engineering & Tech, Product Management, Category Management, and Consumer Engagement.
- Lead, manage and develop the team responsible for key business success within China eCommerce.
- Lead and navigate cross-functional teams including other eCommerce, Retail, and Wholesale, as well as, new distribution channels to engage our customers in a whole new way with the ultimate goal of growing revenue.
- Define and own shared metrics across groups. Establish strong relationships among cross-functional groups to deliver on these shared team goals.
- Develop product vision and strategy for our consumer facing products balancing business needs with technological capabilities
- Work with product teams to establish and execute on an effective, prioritized roadmap to deliver on key revenue driving initiatives.
- Increase an understanding through analysis of what our core customers want and do on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Measure eCommerce performance, working closely to identify KPI's, success metrics, and areas for growth
Evaluate new technologies and partners for inclusion into the companies ecosystem
The Successful Applicant
- A sincere and contagious passion for building brands and revenue within the consumer good sector.
- An undeniable representative of the brand's mission, vision and values
- Smart, creative, disciplined and driven. Not afraid to lead others past their comfort zone(s) and capable of creating a high sense of urgency when needed.
- Shows visionary thinking and demonstrates expert knowledge to solve complex, organization-wide or externally facing issues
- Strong relationship and consensus building skills
- Track record of hiring, supervising and training high-performance teams to exceed expectations and rise to new levels of excellence
- Strong communication skills and the ability to effectively present to senior leadership
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Attention to detail without getting stuck in or derailed by the details
- Highly passionate, problem solver with strong creative and analytical skills
- Experience in the China eCommerce market is critical
- Mandarin language skills are needed for this role
What's on Offer
This role will offers a great platform and brands. This role will be given a high-level of autonomy to drive the eCommerce business.