Head of Economic Regulation (Incentives)
Head of Economic Regulation (Incentives) with an energy business in London
economic incentives, economic performance regimes
About Our Client
An energy business.
I am recruiting for a 12 month FTC or permanent a Head of Economic Regulation (Incentives). You will:
- Design and deliver new incentive regimes for the organisation - working closely with BEIS and Ofgem to ensure the regimes deliver the desired outcomes. Specifically, the design and implementation of a new Operational Performance Regime (OPR) covering operational performance, customer engagement and commercial management.
- Take a leadership role in a small cross functional team that will be brought together specifically to review the existing OPR metrics, benchmark performance against them, analyse the costs of delivering them, the financial risks to the business and how to mitigate them.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders including Ofgem, BEIS, SECAS and customers - all of whom have different, and sometimes competing priorities, for the new regime
- Monitor performance against its existing incentive regimes, reporting to ExCo monthly and escalating issues and putting in place mitigation plans if any risks to margin start to emerge
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- A strong background in the design and development of economic incentives and economic performance regimes
- Excellent communication skills - ability to take a complex topic and explain it in simple terms for internal and external audiences
- Strong track record of preparing written documents and reports that are clear and concise with a strong narrative
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders - working across boundaries to deliver outcomes
- Confident in engaging with senior stakeholders and presenting at senior level meetings
What's on Offer
£90,000 - £100,000 PA DOE plus car allowance, bonus and benefits