Head of Electrical Sourcing
Management of a highly innovative product group
Managing a large team across the region
About Our Client
My client is a European Retailer with multiple different business units underneath the umbrella company. They are a highly recognised brand with very mature Sourcing, Quality and Product Development teams across Asia.
As the Head of Electrical Sourcing, you will be looking at creating and implementing the overall Sourcing strategy within the category. Working very closely with the Buyers back in HQ, you will be instrumental in looking for new products as well as working on best practice process and procedure. You will initially be tasked with looking at the organisational structure and evaluating where improvements can be made as well as upskilling the existing workforce. Other elements include:
* developing different sourcing lines in both White Goods and also the High-Tech space. As well as looking at domestic appliances and consumer electronics, you will also be looking at categories such as 'Smart Home' where the up and coming supplier base will need to be assessed.
* working on rationalising the current supplier base and forging stronger relationships with their key suppliers to look at risk mitigation as well as cost reduction.
* managing a team of around 50 across the different product ranges, working on upskilling the current leadership underneath you and setting out individual targets.
* dealing with all of the Product Development and Quality as well as growing the own brand team and product range.
Reporting into the Global Head of Sourcing, you will take ownership of your part of the business, coming up with the ideas and initiatives to improve the whole category.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be someone who has a real interest in technology and have a feel for the products that are going to work now and in the future in the European market. Coming for an Electronics background, you will also have a track record of sourcing new suppliers and vendors to find the best possible products at the best price. Other experience required:
* management of a large category of spend from a recognised Brand or Retailer. Ideally you will have run the sourcing strategy within the Electronics field and have a deep understanding of current market trends.
* experience of sourcing predominantly in the China region
* experience of managing large teams of highly successful Sourcing, Quality and Product Development professionals.
* clear track record to implementing best practice process and procedure in a World Class sourcing environment. Ideally, you will also have looked at areas such as digitisation and the technology behind faster PD and Sourcing.
* fluent in Chinese is a significant advantage.
Above all you will be a highly driven individual with a great stakeholder engagement skills and an ability to drive teams forwards. This will be a challenging role but one that is critical to the success of the organisation.
What's on Offer
Fast track career opportunities within a large organisation who reward success. You will be working with some exceptionally talented people and be at the forefront of the sourcing organisation.