Head of Financial Crime Operations & Surveillance, Bank
Regional exposure and coverage
Strategic role with an international bank
About Our Client
Our client is an international bank that offers a wide range of investment products to their customers spreading across APAC. Regionally headquartered in Hong Kong, they are currently looking for a Head of Financial Crime Operations & Surveillance to lead a team up to 15 people while overseeing an offshore team of over 500 people.
Reporting to the Global Head of the function, you are responsible for implementing the operations and roadmap for local and regional Financial Crime Operations and driving the global Financial Crime Operations strategy across the region cover over 18 countries.
Other responsibilities include:
- Monitor the Financial Crime Operations & Surveillance processes to ensure implementation of programmes
- Partner with Head of Financial Crime Compliance and other Regional Heads of FCC to analyze financial crime related regulatory matters and ensure key changes are made across the region
- Supervise offshore Financial Crime Operations teams and ensure timely reporting and escalation of AML/ CTF issues
- Providing input on the design and operating effectiveness of the controls and standards of the end-to-end process
- Managing the Region and Local surveillance process and continuation of implementation of Group policies and standards
- Support in implementation of standards set by regulators across transaction monitoring, surveillance, investigations, name screening, financial intelligence, threat assessments and etc.
The Successful Applicant
The ideal candidate should be an University degree with over 15 years of experience in transaction monitoring, surveillance, operations and have worked in international financial institutions. Knowledge in name screening, transaction screening, surveillance systems and processes will be great. Strong leadership skills with ability to lead cross-border, multi-functional teams. Lastly the candidate should have experience implementing strategy into technology solutions.
What's on Offer
Senior managerial role with regional exposure and coverage