Head of Financial Planning & Analysis
FTSE 250 Group FP&A Manager
Working for a worldwide leader in aerospace
About Our Client
Innovation is at the heart of everything we do at Meggitt, a worldwide leader in aerospace, defence and selected energy markets.
We believe in our vision of "Enabling the Extraordinary: To Fly, To Power, To Live". At Meggitt, we truly enable the extraordinary. We're good at what we do and that's why customers come back to us. We are constantly working to improve our processes and performance, striving for excellence.
By working together, we bring extraordinary technology to our customers, building trusted global relationships and successful collaborations through strong teamwork. Our teams are passionate about what we do and how we do it.
We pride ourselves on doing the right thing, in the right way wherever we operate. Our colleagues, customers and the communities we are part of can count on us to act with integrity, honesty and respect.
These core values - teamwork, integrity and excellence - are what have allowed us to become the company we are today. With facilities and over 11,000 employees worldwide, Meggitt draws on over 160 years of expertise to enhance the lives of people across the globe.
Meggitt have invested £130m on the construction of a new manufacturing and office facility at Ansty Park in Coventry. The site will provide a base for 1,000 employees in a world-class aerospace engineering and technology environment. It will also be the new home for Meggitt's Plc global headquarters.
As part of this move the Group finance function will be relocating from Bournemouth to Ansty Park. Meggitt are looking to take this opportunity to develop a world-class group finance function of proud technical specialists to build the success of the future.
You will have responsibility for planning and driving the company's annual budgeting process, analysis of ongoing actual results and in-year forecasts, and ad hoc analysis projects.
Specifically you will provide analysis and reporting to support the CFO and senior leadership team including supporting the preparation of board presentations, other financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities and acquisition analysis as well as other projects requested by senior management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support and drive robust and value-added budgeting and strategic planning processes, to include long term profit and loss, cash flow and balance sheet forecasts, ensuring the results are aligned with the strategy of the business.
- Lead the team of 3 FP&A analysts to deliver the strategic priorities of the FP&A function.
- Investor Relations support - including support at external reporting events and for ad hoc management / investor projects
- Support special projects in Group FP&A assigned by the CFO
- Drive competitor and benchmarking analysis
- Perform analysis to provide appropriate challenge and guidance to business unit heads on revenue growth / cost reduction targets
- Manage the provision of monthly management information to the Board and budget holders as appropriate
- Support and take ownership of the continued development and improvement of budgeting, financial forecasting and long term planning processes
- Develop, implement and work with appropriate business intelligence and planning tools and dashboard reports to provide financial metrics to support the business.
- Lead quarterly intangible balance sheet testing of R&D assets, as well as managing ongoing approvals of R&D capitalisation in line with applicable accounting treatment.
- Support Commercial team in reviewing new contract bids, making recommendations on specific approval criteria.
- Develop financial models and analyses to support decision making and tracking of strategic initiatives
- Proactively create ideas for process improvement initiatives
The Successful Applicant
- Qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA)
- At least 8 years of PQE to include commercial facing roles
- Strong team leadership skills including ability to manage deliverables across non-direct reports
- Culturally aware to be able to work across international borders, with a can do attitude
- Strong financial modelling skills (Excel)
- Good strategic and operational understanding, to be able to work beyond just the financials
- Ability to quickly analyse complicated materials and summarise into quickly digestible key points
- Experience of ERPs (esp. SAP) and Excel add-in data extraction techniques
- Strong organisational skills, including being able to progress multiple projects simultaneously
- Manufacturing / aerospace experience desirable
- International / large business experience essential
Who we are looking for
- Proud Technical Specialists
- Ability to relate openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Able to utilise successes and failures as learning fodder, learning through experimentation and proactive approaches
- Understands the timescales and pathway to transformation and change and flexible in their approach to leading/working through ambiguity
- Builds collaborative relationships and drives engagement
- Nurtures and promotes talent, diversity and innovation
- Open to being based in Bournemouth through the Knowledge Transfer period until 1st March go live in Ansty
What's on Offer
Competitive salary and package