Head of Fitness to Practise - Professional Healthcare Regulator
Leading the FTP directorate, and improving overall FTP strategy
Healthcare regulatory body regulating health and care professions in the UK
About Our Client
Professional Healthcare Regulatory body, based in London who:
- Set standards for professional's education, training and practice
- Keep a register of professionals, known as registrant's, who meet regulatory standards.
- Take appropriate action if professionals do not meet regulatory standards. This function is known as Fitness to Practice (FtP).
The Head of Fitness to Practise - Professional Healthcare Regulator will manage the FTP division, a large team of 100, with 3 department heads.
Implement the organisation's Fitness to Practise strategy, working closely with appointed agencies, and in support the Senior Management Team to develop the FTP strategy
To oversee and manage the Fitness to Practise functions on a day-to-day basis including budget, external agencies involved in the fitness to practise function (lawyers, partners and other agencies) and employees
Implement robust flow and quality management processes and structures.
- To contribute to working groups of the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care, Department of Health and Social Care and other health and social care regulators
The Successful Applicant
- Experience within Fitness To Practise, and Medical / Health Regulation with a strong knowledge base of FTP and Health Regulation in the UK.
- Experience managing large team structures effectively
- Proven track record managing and delivering on large budgets.
- London based, with daily access to the office.
What's on Offer
To be discussed upon successful application.