- Head of Global Prosperity Programme with the Legatum Institute
- socio-economics, quantitative and qualitative research, policy
About Our Client
The Legatum Institute is a London-based think-tank with a mission to build a global movement of people committed to creating the pathways from poverty to prosperity and the transformation of society. They do this through raising up leaders of character, restoring an ethical vitality to all sectors of society, and developing the practical solutions and data tools that will help build open economies and empowered people within inclusive and peaceful societies. They are data and evidence-led in all they do. Their world-renowned indexes provide the foundation for creating the pathways to prosperity in-country
Our Global Prosperity programme combines our extensive data sets with desk-based research and expert engagement to enable powerful insights to be drawn that identify what changes need to be made to create more prosperous countries. It produces not only reports, but also engages on the developing transformation roadmaps for decision-makers and civil society to help make change happen on the round.
I am currently recruiting for the new Head of Global Prosperity Programme with the Legatum Institute in London. The Head of our Global Prosperity programme will be responsible for producing the annual report for our Global Prosperity Index and leading research and analysis of the political, economic and social challenges and opportunities across the world, and identifying the drivers of successful performances This exciting role includes:
- Leadership of project teams comprising direct reports and personnel from other departments to
deliver research programmes.
* Identify and develop the research requirements of the global prosperity programme
- Apply the Institute's Global Prosperity perspective and Theory of Change as a mechanism for
articulating issues and diagnosing solutions.
* Undertake and manage analysis to derive new insights into the trends, patterns and drivers of
prosperity, augmenting findings with insight from policy journals, academic papers etc.
- Build a coalition of key engaged stakeholders throughout the process to articulate the problem and
* Synthesise clear insights and conclusions and communicate through oral presentations and in
written format - including conference participation, publications and opeds, podcasts, blogs and
other social media
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Degree in International Public Policy, Economics, Economic history, with quantitative/qualitative
analysis is essential, ideally at a post-graduate level
* 5-10-years' experience as a professional policy analyst, economist, consultant, or in a similar role in
an international setting
* Strong socio-economic background, with a developed understanding of international political
- A track record in managing stakeholders to drive research programmes and publications forward.
* Quantitative and analytical experience; and track-record in using this analysis to develop compelling
fact-based written narratives
* A proven background in producing high quality research and writing, preferably for a policy/
What's on Offer
Circa £90,000 plus benefits