Head of HR - Myanmar
Exciting opportunity to lead in an established MNC
Based in Yangon, Myanmar
About Our Client
Our client is one of the industry leader in the Healthcare and Consumer sector and they have a prominent presence in Asia. They continue to invest in resources in Southeast Asia and as a result of recent development, they are looking for a high calibre HR leader to lead their healthcare business in Myanmar.
This role will be responsible for all HR processes for the local office, ensuring effective employee selection, motivation, development and staffing, and through effective coordination with other Country leaders ensuring company's values are reflected in the processes. Working with the Regional HR leader to develop and manage all HR processes for the Country.
- To shape HR strategies and practices that maximise human capital
- To partner business leaders to define and deliver HR initiatives including talent development, change management, diversity and inclusion to achieve organisation objectives
- To manage headcount effectively and workforce costs
- To ensue adherence to relevant labour and employment law and, when necessary, manage labour relations, including relations with external labour organisations
- To manage the full spectrum of HR functions including standardisation of policies and procedures, staffing, C&B management and expatriate management
The Successful Applicant
While the company is not entirely new, they want to take it to the next phase of growth for the HR function as they realign their strategy. Our requirements:
- A recognised university degree in business or management; MBA and/or scientific degrees preferred HR professional specialisation
- Required to speak English for communication with major stakeholders
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in a generalist HR role, supporting a progressive organisation with recent years in a senior leadership and regional role.
- Significant record of managing processes related to employee selection, development, retention, and motivation as well as labour relations
- Excellent understanding of the healthcare and consumer sector and the division of responsibilities and skills necessary across the organisation
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated capability of influencing change within an organisation
- "Hands-on" and strong appetite to work in a fast-growth environment and is self-motivated
- Ability to work in a highly ambiguous environment and possess an entrepreneurial mindset and capability
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects
Attractive remuneration package structure