Head of HR
Overall responsibility for a large manufacturing plant
Reporting directly to the chairman
About Our Client
My very well established, Klang based, medical manufacturing client is a leader in their field. With an extensive work-force here in Malaysia, they also have international establishments and are looking for a Head of HR.
Based from the Klang site, the Head of HR will oversee full spectrum of Human Resource functions which include manpower sourcing & placement initiatives, training & development, employee relations, compensation & benefits, performance management, succession planning.
Develop organisation strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues, contributing information, analysis, and recommendations to organisation strategic thinking and direction, establishing human resources objectives in line with organisational objectives.
Develop human resources operations financial strategies by estimating, forecasting, and anticipating requirements, trends, and variances; aligning monetary resources; developing action plans; measuring and analysing results; initiating corrective actions; minimising the impact of variances.
Support management by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions; analysing information and applications.
Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines; communicating and enforcing organisation values.
Comply with and anticipate all legislation; enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on needed actions.
Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organisations.
Perform other responsibilities as assigned by superior or Management from time to time.
The Successful Applicant
- Degree or Master in Human Resource Management/Development, Business Studies / Administration / Management or equivalent from reputable universities.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrated working experience in Human Resources Management particularly in manufacturing sector and is currently holding a Senior Managerial position.
- Has exposure in handling foreign worker matters.
- Good knowledge on HR practices and strategies.
- Able to understand, organise and connect ideas, inter-dependencies and cause & effect relationships.
- Able to recognise the value and responsibility of working in a team, actively supports and develops team members, quick to identify and problem solve any issues.
- Good command of English and Bahasa Malaysia (spoken and written) and ideally, spoken Chinese.
What's on Offer