Head of Human Resources - APAC - European MNC
Newly Created Role - Retained Assignment
Fast Growing Organisation - Mandarin is a Must
About Our Client
We have been retained by one of our key global clients to hire for them a Head of Human Resources to cover all of Asia Pacific including Japan and India. This organisation is a market leader in the design, manufacturing and sales of a sophisticated range of products that have a profound impact on the way in which things are produced. The company's APAC business generates revenue in excess of EURO250,000,000 and employs 400+ sales, product and engineering specialists in their many sales and trading offices across the region.
Reporting directly to the Global Head of HR based in Europe and locally to the Regional President, you will work closely with regional and country leaders with:
- Building a comprehensive HR platform and framework that both integrates and aligns HR practice and policy across the region.
- Creating best-in-class HR programs that help to evolve the organisations regional business.
- Setting the standards for a culture of growth and continuous development, leading a human resources strategy agenda geared to enable successful delivery of the Company's innovation and business strategy.
- Implementing forward-leaning human capital strategies, establish quantifiable performance standards, enhance corporate culture, and fully engage a diverse, global workforce.
- Driving an appropriate level of global standardisation for HR practices, while balancing the need for market or regional customisation.
- Developing and leading the HR - APAC shared service model and offerings.
- Developing and implementing a talent acquisition strategy, developing, and promoting company image campaigns, social media presence, and personally engage in the recruitment of top talent.
- Recommending and maintaining an organisational structure and staffing levels to accomplish company goals and objectives.
- Designing and implementing a competency-led career development and advancement framework.
- Evaluating the APAC compensation and benefit offerings and develop an appropriate strategy to ensure competitive pay practices and benefit levels, as well as legal compliance.
- Establishing and implementing short- and long-range HR departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Participating as a member of the HR Global Team and build key relationships with HR colleagues across the global organisation.
The Successful Applicant
To qualify for this role you much be:
- A dedicated HR professional with over 15 years of experience
- A fluent speaker of English and Mandarin
- A hands-on leader that is able and willing to build from the ground-up
- A diversified regional expert that understands all elements of human resources (C+B, L+D, Hiring, Culture, O+D, etc)
- A strong communicator that can work with both expat and regional talent
- A passionate HR practitioner that wants to be a key part of the companies growth and evolution
- A strong people leaders/manager
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
What's on Offer
This is the perfect opportunity for an HR professional looking to step-up into a top regional role. You will manage a small team of HR staff across the region. This role will present a number of key challenges as the organisation (globally) begins to embrace the need for a more "pofessional" HR framework. In this role you will be a pioneer in the companies transition to a higher level of MNC status.