Head of Insurance Technology APAC
Global exposure, partner with the business in executing business strategy
Manage 300+ staff sizeable team acorss the region
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established global Financial Servies company with strong presence in APAC and China.
- System ownership (ITSO) & engineering leadership of all IT services that support the Insurance business in China, and other countries in Asia.
- Manage the relationship with senior business and technology stakeholders across China and the Regional/Global insurance business, including CIO, CEO, COO.
- Provide managerial/technical leadership to the team to ensure the proper and on time execution of their responsible work
- Design location strategy based on resource/time/skillset with execution capability.
Lead a cultural change in how technology development and projects are executed, to transition from a traditional SDLC/Waterfall approach to a full Agile/Devops model, driving through automation and minimizing manual work.
The jobholder works in a value stream and project model with budget (including Vendor Cost) with at least USD10m directly under the job holder¡¯s responsible area.
Manage 300+ staff sizeable team acorss the region with 10 direct reports
The Successful Applicant
* At least 15 years of working experience on IT work, 5 - 8 years in management/leadership capacity.
* Proven record in directing and coordinating projects and deliver with time, resources and budget constraints.
* Strong knowledge of industry practice, processes and networks
* Excellent knowledge of the China local financial services market and regulators (CBRC & CIRC).
* Strong people skills (change agent, decision making, influencing, management, communication)
* Manage all IT deliverables within Group's guideline e.g. fitting the TOM, comply to Global Standards, meeting Audit expectations.
* Ensure interoperability with other IT teams and applications.
* Experience and knowledge of large scale financial technology strategy in the Insurance Asset Management domains
What's on Offer
Vocal and reliable member of the global management team for insurance technology, providing leadership and directional input to the global strategy.
Work closely with other global and country heads to ensure that projects and technology are delivered efficiently