Head of IT
The Head of Information Technology to oversea technology
Lead the development and implementation of the organisation's overall technology
About Our Client
Scouts Association - As Scouts, we believe in preparing young people with skills for life.
We encourage young people to do more, learn more and be more. Each week, we help over 460,000 young people aged 6-25 enjoy fun and adventure while developing the skills they need to succeed, now and in the future.
Head of Information Technology
Head of IT is the organisation's sole lead expert on technology. Working in partnership with the Chief Digital Officer the role oversees all technical aspects and technological resources of the organisation for the purpose delivering business critical information technology services and solutions plus meeting the organisation's strategic objectives.
- Lead the development and implementation of the organisation's overall technological vision and delivery strategy in the context of the organisation's corporate and digital strategies.
- Lead the engagement of key stakeholders to assess and address user needs with the context of their business environment to inform the organisation's overall technological vision and delivery strategy.
- Engage with, and secure buy-in from, senior stakeholders to align the organisation's overall technological vision and delivery strategy with the needs of the organisation.
- Be an advocate for the wider use of technology throughout Scouting to support the realisation of the organisation's corporate and digital strategies.
- Take accountability for the full range of information systems and telecommunications activities, including sourcing and maintaining technology infrastructure, determining user requirements, recommending practical solutions, and leading efforts to improve the effective use of technology.
- Manage the organisation's information security and technology setup including policies, strategy, spend, system and functionality upgrades, hardware and software infrastructure, vendors, disaster recovery, and project implementation.
- Oversee the design, implementation and monitoring of the organisation's Information Governance procedures (in partnership with other colleagues as necessary).
- Lead a team of circa. 12 technology professionals ensuring that the skills and experience of the individuals are developed and meet the needs of the organisation's overall technological vision and delivery strategy.
The Successful Applicant
Head of Information Technology / IT Director Knowledge and experience
- Extensive experience in a senior IT role
- Experience of developing technology transformation strategies and managing the delivery of associated technical services, solutions while balancing tight resource constraints, conflicting priorities and a dynamic programme
- Experience of current agile project management practices, open source, cloud platforms and digital services
- A high degree of market awareness, with demonstrable experience of innovative approaches to procuring services and of managing relationships with suppliers.
- Development and implementation of security policies and procedures and possess excellent knowledge of security standards including ISO27001, PCI-DSS
- Excellent understanding of data protection and GDPR regulations
- Experience of developing, testing and maintaining Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity plans
- Experience of supplier management including finding appropriate supplier's for the organisation's technology needs and ensuring value for money in selection and in support/ maintenance contracts
- Experience of managing licensing agreements to ensure software is supported and security upgrades/patches are applied in a timely manner
Skills and abilities
- Demonstrable ability at a senior level to deliver transformational change to technologies and processes to deliver cost savings and service improvements to customers/members
- Technically literate and capable of effectively engaging with technical staff, suppliers and stakeholders to define the best approach to service design to achieve business/user objective
- Ability to develop excellent relationships with a wide range of senior stakeholders and technical experts, and to co-ordinate the delivery of complex and multi-faceted programmes.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to enable successful influencing, listening and negotiating with others
- Excellent planning and organisational skills with the ability to manage and deliver a diverse workload and portfolio of programmes/projects whilst ensuring effective prioritisation and balancing of the needs of a range of stakeholder
- Ability to manage resources (human and financial) in the most effective way to deliver on agreed organisational objectives
- Ability to work under pressure and to respond quickly to changing circumstances and to tight timescales
- Ability to lead and manage a team, managing performance effectively, setting clear expectations and objectives, managing competing priorities and balancing differing needs
What's on Offer
75k to 80k + package