Head of Legal and Compliance, Retail and Corporate Bank
About Our Client
Our client is one of the largest banks globally with a strong history of success in the region. They have a strong leading position in the market with their retail and corporate banking business.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the legal, regulatory compliance and financial compliance functions of the banks, with over 80ppl under management
- Acting as the key contact person with HKMA and other regulators on compliance and conduct issues, leading on-site exams and participating in industry consultation
- Reviewing compliance policies and procedures and further enhancing the compliance culture within the bank
- Acting as the trusted compliance advisor to senior management and business heads and providing advice on legal, compliance, control and conduct matters
- Providing a strong leadership to the teams and ensuring the effectiveness of compliance program across the various business lines
The Successful Applicant
You will be a university graduate with at least 15 years of relevant legal and compliance experience within the banking industry. You will have hands-on experience in retail and corporate banking and a good understanding of consumer and lending products. A well-established and trusting relationship with HKMA is essential to this role. You will possess a proven track record in managing a sizeable and effective team. Strong interpersonal and communication skills are expected in the role. You will be fluent in English and Chinese.
What's on Offer
- Attractive salary
- Excellent career prospect