Head of Manufacturing - Consumer Goods OEM
Reporting to the Managing Director
European and Asia Customer Base
About Our Client
Our client is a Hong Kong Headquarter organisation. The company specialises in OEM of consumer goods.
- Developing manufacturing and operational strategic plans and generally overseeing their implementation to ensure maximum capacity utilization of the manufacturing units towards achieving the BU's strategy, growth and profitability objectives.
- Responsible for formulating policies, programs, and objectives affecting the schedule, quality, and cost of manufactured products. Directing and co-coordinating production according to quality and quantity specifications within cost objectives.
- Oversee planning and implementation of production plans including receiving sales forecasts; requisition for procurement of raw materials; and manufacturing of products
- Identify and adapt technological advances to meet the BU's competitive objectives within the marketplace.
- Lead the implementation of new manufacturing initiatives, including strategic resource allocation and applying good manufacturing principles, organization structure, leadership, sourcing and integration, production systems and techniques for improved efficiencies and adherence to best practice
- Providing strong leadership to the employees at the plants, ensuring high morale, team work and good employee relations, at all levels, including on the shop floor.
- Ensuring all divisions within the manufacturing areas are properly staffed and coordinated to perform duties effectively.
- Promoting the development of favourable employee relations to further the organization's production of quality goods.
- Oversee all operations and logistics of all the plants and maintain financial discipline.
- Maintain a high quality consciousness
- Able to meet and subsequently exceed performance targets ensuring profitability of the individual manufacturing units.
- Ensuring compliance to all group systems, guidelines & policies.
- Supervise and provide technical guidance to subordinates
The Successful Applicant
- Relevant tertiary education in a related discipline, such as production/ industrial engineering, mechanical engineering, operations management, etc. Master or Post-graduate degree is desirable.
- Minimum of 15 years relevant working experience of which 8 years should be at a senior level in a manufacturing environment
- Strong general management and demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong creativity and innovative skills
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent problem-solving skill to increase productivity levels to agreed targets
- Excellent financial and budget management skills
- Ability to develop, formulate strategy and exercise good judgment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet targets and deadlines
- Culturally sensitive and be adaptable to establish credibility within a new and challenging environment
What's on Offer
Competitive salary. Prestigious business. Change management role.