- Fast growing Series B start-up
- Opportunity to head up all marketing globally
About Our Client
We are a well-funded start-up building a SaaS technology platform to provide the tools to help buyers and sellers improve these flows, ensuring that factories have the materials they need to keep running, streamlining the financing that enables the smooth flow of materials and pulling out the critical insights from the deluge of documents that accompany transactions. Our founders are from both the technology industry and the commodities space, and the team is a mix of technologists, entrepreneurs, quants, and logistics experts.
Looking for a Head of Marketing who can drive demand for products, enable and empower our go-to-market team, build a top-notch marketing and product marketing organization, and own all the brand awareness efforts.
Helping to build our customer pipeline will be both exciting and challenging as we are an agile startup growing at a rapid pace in a competitive industry. We are taking on a huge set of problems, but are determined to help our customers succeed in the market conditions of today.
The Successful Applicant
- You are a quick and thorough learner. While we don't require previous commodities and supply chain industry experience, it's critically important for our Head of Marketing to be able to understand our space deeply and pick up the language used in our industry in order to be effective with communication to our key audiences.
- You have a strong B2B and account-based marketing skill set. Beyond being able to generate leads, we currently have a targeted group of customers that we need to focus efforts at marketing deeply and effectively to in order to succeed. This includes sales enablement, lead generation tactics, marketing operations, and more.
- You know your product marketing. As a technology company our products are the keys to our success and it's critical we can talk about our products effectively and build the overall marketing foundation with strong competitive differentiation.
- You can build an inspiring brand. We are still an early brand and need more awareness through PR, events, sponsorships, social media, our web presence, and more.
- You are operationally excellent. Being a startup, we are still building many of our tools, processes, and approaches. Being organized and having a passion for improving everything you touch is critical.
- You are driven to move things forward and a self-starter. While we provide lots of support, we don't micro-manage so we expect you to be able to push forward on your top priorities and make things happen.
- You're a good communicator. This isn't the simplest industry out there, so being able to communicate clearly both externally to customers and internally with colleagues is important for the Head of Marketing role.
- You can build and lead a team while getting your hands dirty: This is a leadership position that requires our Head of Marketing to create the marketing organization while also getting all the critical tasks in front of us completed.
- You're adaptable: The technology platform is growing rapidly in use cases and the physical materials it supports, so you must be able to adapt your understanding and product marketing approach along with it.
What's on Offer
- Competitive base salary, benefits, and equity.
- We are handling real material that is used by almost all of us daily. We think that's cool. We also bring together the physical and digital world and are working to drive systemic, positive transformation for our customers within the ecosystems and communities where we operate.
- We help our customers optimize their workflow, reduce cost, increase efficiencies, and improve their carbon footprint.
- We are a start-up with a start-up culture. We will move and build things quickly, and every team member will have a real impact on where we go and what we create.
- We believe in fostering connection, learning and teaching, and collaborating with our fellow employees and our customers.
- You get to work with an amazing team with different skills and backgrounds.
- The founding team has a proven track record of success.