Head of New Product Planning - Biopharma
Innovative drug development platform
Oncology, Immunology, Vaccines, Automimmune
About Our Client
The company is China headquartered but globally focused pharmaceutical company managing Clinical and Pre Clinical assets in Immuno-Oncology, Auto Immune and Vaccine area. Currently they are employing around 200 FTE in China and Australia across R&D, Bio manufacturing, Clinical, Medical and Manufacturing.
- Head New Product Planning function and support development of commercial strategies across all company pipeline for multiple therapeutic areas.
- Monitor competitive environment by tracking market insights in relevant therapeutic areas.
- Provide commercial input and leadership for Global Product Project
- Lead the development target product areas for early stage programs based on deep understanding of market dynamics and potential future trends
- Drive market research and monitoring activities to maintain clarity on current and future unmet needs for each pipeline product
- Lead the advancement of commercial forecasts for internal pipeline programs
- Develop strategy for pricing, reimbursement, market access, and product differentiation required for the successful commercialisation of new products globally
- Work closely with internal and external key opinion leaders to provide input and guidance to pipeline development candidates, treatment pathways and treatment approaches. Translate key inputs to develop actionable development strategies
- Facilitate the smooth transition of all products to designate commercial and brand marketing teams at an appropriate time.
The Successful Applicant
- Undergraduate degree or higher (advanced degree preferred)
- Solid exposure in pharmaceutical product development, or life-cycle / new product planning is required
- Deep understanding of the relationship between clinical trial design, product label development, and promotional messaging is required
- Throughout understanding of therapeutic markets from multiple customer perspectives and/or different business perspectives
- Global exposure and knowledge of oncology, autoimmune and/or vaccine sales and marketing strongly preferred, but not required
- Significant analytic skills, able to clearly interpret scientific, clinical, and commercial information
- Basic understanding of key marketing and market research principles. Familiarity with secondary research and databases
- Ability to effectively plan, gain consensus across multiple functions (sales, finance, product development, public affairs, medical affairs) prioritise, execute, follow up and anticipate issues
- Strong writing and presentation skills
- High code of conduct and ethics
- Proven effectiveness in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment, a strong team player with high energy and a can-do attitude.
What's on Offer
You will join a fast growing team reporting to VP for PMO based in US. Successful candidate will be offered competitive package and stock option (depends on level).