Head of Operational Finance
A high profile Head of Operational Finance working for an established brand
Based at the UK headquarters with excellent progression opportunities
About Our Client
Our client is an established business and recognised brand, which forms part of a significant international group. Following a recent strategic reorganisation, the business has a renewed focus in a market which is experiencing huge growth to add to a long list of existing prestigious clients. This combined with continued and increasing investment in delivering the best products and services, has created an opportunity to drive significant growth. Every decision made will be to deliver outstanding customer care and to become a market leader. This represents a very exciting time to be joining, with an opportunity to add significant value to a rapidly evolving business.
With their UK headquarters in the West Midlands, they are able to offer excellent progression opportunities and as an employer are committed to continuous development of all employees. What's more, as part of a significant Group, career opportunities can extend beyond the UK.
This is a critical appointment for a Head of Operational Finance at the head office in the West Midlands. As a key member of the senior finance leadership team you will have a direct reporting line to the Finance Director. You will oversee a finance team encompassing management accounts, financial accounts, treasury, accounts payable and credit control and will have a key role in supporting the business in meetings its strategic objectives. This is a highly visible role, to lead the Central Finance Function and will interface with the board. Accountable for the monthly P&L and balance sheet reporting, you will need to uphold rigour and control in the group's financial activities and balance sheet and support the group's transformation programme leading activities to improve financial control.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Overseeing the production of the management and statutory accounts
- Cash management and forecasting
- Day to day team management and taking ownership for the outputs of the finance team with the aim to deliver a 'best in class' finance service
- To support in all aspects of financial management and financial control
- Driving ongoing improvements in systems and processes, to include a system upgrade
- Responsible for the monthly financial reporting process, ensuring accuracy, consistency and adherence to group reporting timetables
- Support in managing the external relationships with advisors such as the auditors and HMRC.
The Successful Applicant
For this high profile Head of Operational Finance in the West Midlands, you will be part of the senior finance team, with exposure to the Board and successful candidates will have/be:
- A qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with significant post qualification experience and an expert financial accountant under IFRS
- A breadth of finance experience, with a focus on financial control and reporting
- Prior Retail sector experience will be considered advantageous
- Prior experience in another large group operating at pace and in either a changing or high growth environment
- Experience in a leadership role and driving a high performance culture
- A passion for driving change and a track record for delivering continuous improvement
- Highly computer literate and prior experience with upgrading financial systems would be considered advantageous
- Strong influencing skills - able to network effectively with finance and operational management across the business to build consensus and drive positive change.
For further details please contact:
+44 121 634 6920
+44 121 634 6927
What's on Offer
Up to £85,000 Basic Salary and a competitive benefits package.