About Our Client
European Banking group with a UK Branch, the Branch offers financial services to both local and international large companies who operates within the country. The Branch has a banking license and is supervised by both the FCA & the Bank of England (PRA).
As UK Branch Head of Operations you will be;
- Responsible for managing the operations function.
- Defining and leading the implementation of operations procedures aimed at improving effectiveness and efficiency of the Branch.
- Establishing internal controls and internal procedures to minimise operational risk.
- Providing the best service to the Front Office, coordinating with Operational Services team, in order to guarantee that all the transactions are registered on time and all the information needed is provided within the deadline.
- Supervise the financial and accountant reports and liaising with senior stakeholders in the UK and abroad
- Ensure that all the regulatory reports are properly prepared and delivered to the regulatory authorities within the deadline.
- Lead the software & hardware development with external IT provider and its implementation in the Branch.
- Deal with external vendors (e.g. assist external vendors in all the internal registration procedures, until the contract is signed).
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have experience of:
- Working in an operations department of a bank
- Knowledge of the financial products & services offered to large corporate.
- Solid knowledge of financial reporting and accounting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English. Knowledge of Spanish would be considered a plus
- Effective team-working & leadership - clear communication & instructions with other areas of the Branch that are involved on the origination, registration and control of the operations.
- Being proactive, persistent, enthusiastic, committed and have a positive mind.
- Hands on experience with IT related issues and vendors
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- A creative mind with an ability to suggest improvements
What's on Offer
Great opportunity to join a small team and in a very successful European Banking Branch.