Head of Procurement, Asia
Newly created and transformation role
Regional role with Healthcare & Life Science company
About Our Client
Our client has been established for more than 20 years with a stable track record and been a trusted partner in the Healthcare & Life Sciences industry globally. They continue to invest in resources in Asia and as a result of recent development, they are looking for an experienced leader in Procurement to lead the transformation and change in this region.
Reporting to the Head of Procurement for APAC, this role sits on the leadership team and will be overall responsible for all indirect procurement matters for the Asia region. You will be accountable for developing a strategic approach to transform and further develop this function across all categories and countries. You will work closely with the country management team to drive proper co-ordination and synergy to optimise cost, supplier relationship, supplier development and innovation. You will develop the long term strategic plans for the entire spend area within the portfolio, and look into process improvements and efficiency within the procurement function.
The Successful Applicant
While the company is not entirely new, they want to take it to the next level of growth and a strong procurement leader would be required to assist with this positive transformation and change management. Our requirements:
- A recognised university Degree or Masters qualification
- Minimum 15 years of relevant experience in regional procurement (direct / indirect) in a large or progressive multinational
- Experience gained in the FMCG, pharmaceutical, healthcare or technology sector would be advantageous
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and demonstrated capability of influencing change within an organisation
- Track record in driving transformation and development in the procurement function across multiple countries
What's on Offer
An excellent career opportunity with long term career prospects with a fast-growing healthcare & life science multinational.
Attractive remuneration package structure.