- International Company Operating in Industrial Segment
- Responsibility for Procurement strategy in Poland and CEE Region
About Our Client
Our Client is a Global organisation focused on distribution. Operates in industrial sector.
- Set clear objectives for the procurement strategy that delivers the company objectives. Communicate the Strategic vision across the business and continuously look for areas of improvement.
- Take the lead in negotiating major contract renewals and running tenders that deliver savings and additional value. Support business partners and buying managers in negotiations and act as a first level escalation for both problem resolution and deal closing.
- Liaise with internal project teams and maintain strong supplier relations.
- Implement of European and global purchasing conditions, policies and standards
- Cooperate with corporate international purchasing teams - the role reports ( dotted line) to European Chief of Purchasing.
- Support the organisation in Poland and internationally in the selection of new suppliers and the ongoing relationship management of existing strategic suppliers. Be the First level of commercial engagement with supplier executives.
- Ensure saving targets are understood by the team and that they deliver Capex and Opex savings against budget that are sustainable and measurable.
- Perform regular reviews of the marketplace and competitor activities to support benchmarking of Client's suppliers to ensure good value is always delivered.
- Understand the financial implications of the strategic supplier's business plans and credit status to mitigate any risks.
- Drive excellence, culture of lean, and world-class global best practices across the organization
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience within the Procurement function ideally in a leadership role
- High-level academic background
- 5 + years of experience in purchasing in a similar role in the industrial business
- Experience of best practice procurement strategies and the use of associated procurement tools.
- Openness to innovation and ability to deal with change particularly when dealing with new technologies.
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to present data and strategies in a simple and meaningful way to support decision making
- Provide leadership to the procurement team to ensure that established procedures are followed
- Strong business acumen and commercial approach
- Strong inter-personnel skills with a focus on active listening
- Supplier relations management
- Fluent level of English and Polish
What's on Offer
- The possibility of career development
- International working environment and unique company culture with emphasis on individual career growth
- Full time employment contract with salary corresponding to qualifications
- Benefits package