Head of Regulatory Design and Delivery
Head of Regulatory Design and Delivery with an energy tech business
Energy, energy tech, regulation, codes
About Our Client
An energy tech business
I am recruiting for a Head of Regulatory Design & Delivery for an energy tech business in London. You will:
- Oversee the delivery of all regulatory products - ensuring resource is available and deployed to meet needs.
- Plan the Regulatory Design and Delivery team's forward work programme for the next 24 months, aligning with strategy and priorities as necessary. Execute the delivery plan ensuring that regulatory processes do not contribute to delay.
- Lead relationship with Ofgem, BEIS and Code managers and governors on regulatory design and delivery, building and maintaining strong working relationships with these key stakeholders so that the organisation is in a strong position to persuade and influence them to.
- Engage positively and constructively with the leadership team, including its Executive Committee, ensuring that colleagues are aware of regulatory risks and providing mitigations that enable the organsiation to meet its business objectives.
- Horizon scan for current and pending regulatory risks and issues for the Regulatory Affairs function - for example preparing for the organisations participation in a live change management process for the Retail Energy Code.
The Successful Applicant
You will have:
- Excellent team management skills.
- Confident and persuasive upward management - able to call out regulatory risk and issues and propose solutions to senior managers, and to clearly explain regulatory matters to senior external stakeholders.
- Understanding of regulatory principles that apply to the organsiation. Comfortable with Licence obligations and constraints.
- Experience of working with or inside Government/regulators to deliver successful outcomes.
- Strong programme management skills, with experience of having worked successfully in large programme or portfolio management situations.
- Sound understanding of energy codes
What's on Offer
£74,000 - £84,00 + bonus and benfits