- Excellent opportunity to join a social housing organisation
- Growing organisation looking for a Head of Risk and Assurance
About Our Client
Guinness has been providing homes and services for over 125 years. Since we were founded, we have built thousands of homes across England. Now, with 64,000 homes and 140,000 customers, we're proud to be one of the largest affordable housing providers in the country.
However, our world is changing. We know we've got to be financially strong to achieve our aim, to keep investing in the homes we've got and to build new ones.
As a consequence, we've set some ambitious targets for the future. We want to be an organisation that is strong, stable, resilient and that maximises financial capacity to deliver more new homes. Alongside this we want to provide an amazing customer experience and be a brilliant place to work for our employees. This role is key in helping us achieve this.
Reporting to the Group Finance Director you will be responsible for leading and managing the Groups Risk and Assurance function for the Guinness Partnership.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Group's Risk and Risk Management Strategy ensuring that corporate risk plans are in place for all entities in the Group.
- Working closely with the Senior Leadership Team providing support and guidance to the rest of the business and attending the Group's Audit and Risk Committee.
- Manage the coordination and delivery of the internal audit programme through liaison with the external service providers and internal audit/risk leads.
- Design and manage a programme of controls assurance activity using the three lines of defence framework.
- Developing and leading the team.
The Successful Applicant
You will be a CCAB or IIA qualified with the ability to drive and manage a diverse workload. The ideal candidate will have led a small team within a regulated environment. You will have previously managed operational risk and understand what a successful internal audit function looks like. If you have knowledge of the social housing sector or a natural interest in data, that would be beneficial for this role.
If you are looking for a move client side, this could be a great first role for the right person. This is an exciting opportunity to join a high performing team and where you will be able to make a real impact on a growing organisation.
What's on Offer
c£80,000 to £85,000 based in London or Oldham
Closing date 26th January 2023