Head Sales & Marketing
About Our Client
Our client is an independent asset management firm with a specific emphasis on healthcare, private equity and multi asset portfolios. The client devotes particular attention to sustainability, not only in selecting investments but also in conducting their own business. The firm was founded in 2000 to advise entrepreneurial investors whose roots in the pharmaceuticals industry date back to the early 19th century. In addition, it established an important institutional advisory business leveraging our expertise in wealth and asset management.
Building upon the historical significance of healthcare, the client has established itself as a specialist boutique with an experienced and recognised team and in-depth sector expertise. Sustainability is a crucial component of their investment philosophy. The company integrates environmental, social and governance (ESG) criteria into their financial analysis, convinced that such an approach not only helps address the social and environmental challenges currently faced by humankind but also generates long-term value for investors. The firm approaches private equity with a long-term orientation and systematic focus, taking majority or minority stakes in entrepreneurial companies within the DACH region and investing in private equity funds managed by industry-leading partners on a worldwide basis. Within multi asset they offer tailor-made portfolio construction, manager selection and risk monitoring services.
The client is based in Zurich, Switzerland and Luxembourg. The company is regulated by the FINMA in Switzerland and by the CSSF in Luxembourg.
For their further expansion plans we are searching for a Head Sales & Marketing to build a new distribution channel for new institutional investors including family offices.
- Build a granular mapping of target client base, including existing contacts in coordination with all relevant teams and parties.
- Define a differentiated distribution strategy for the various client segments, including targeted email and telephone contacts, manager meetings, roadshows.
- Develop and maintain a strategic and implementation action plan for all areas of
branding, product development, marketing, sales & distribution, including the coordination of the relevant teams and deadlines.
- Develop a launch plan, taking into account preferred geographies and market; segments and ensure in coordination with the legal and Luxembourg teams that proper regulatory elements are in place (UCITs implementation; distribution registrations; legal documentation etc.).
- Coordinate and maintain with the relevant parties and investment teams
the appropriate marketing and distribution supporting materials (presentations,
RFPS, fact-sheets etc.) at the corporate and specific fund levels.
- Build and support sales activities for newly created funds. Phase one projects include three healthcare funds (listed equities and private equity).
- Support activities to find larger potential investors who would entrust the client with
comprehensive wealth management.
- Define the "clients brand identity" in coordination with the CEO and the board of directors and adapt the message over time to ensure coherence, with a focus on
increasing visibility in the market.
- Responsible for the implementation of the branding strategy in respect to key communication channels to be addressed (press - interviews, articles; social media, website; PR events).
- Establish the client's sustainability credentials into the marketplace in collaboration with the Sustainability & Impact team via specific communication and events.
- Lead and develop an existing team of two.
- Support sales and marketing of three existing fund products
The Successful Applicant
- University degree or equivalent, CFA, CAIA or similar certification is a plus
- 10-15 years' experience in asset management in a business development, institutional sales or sales & marketing or position
- Existing network with institutional investors like family offices, banks, insurance companies and pension funds across the DACH region
- Strong understanding of alternative investment products, ideally with a focus on sustainable/impact investments or private equity
- Proven business development track record in acquiring new clients
- Very strong client and service orientation, hands-on personality, ability to create solutions for highly sophisticated investors
- Integer, open-minded and entrepreneurial minded personality with a strong self-motivation
- Strong communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Fluent in German and English; any other language is a plus
What's on Offer
The opportunity to build an Institutional Investor base across ESG investors