- Veterans of China biotech founding team
- Leading biology research strategy
About Our Client
Our client is a biotech company recently founded aiming to become the next generation biotech in China. The Company is led by a group of spirited chemical biologist, biophysicist, immunologist, computational chemist, and algorithm engineer.
Enabled by first-principle-based computational methods, the Company focuses on challenging targets/pathways to provide innovative cancer therapies. Through collaboration with niche CROs that are more focused and efficient, the Company tries to minimize the time and cost for pre-clinical discovery.
The Company has made dedicated efforts and some progress in the area of cancer metabolism including ferroptosis. It is expected to nominate the first pre-clinical candidate by the end of 2022.
- Responsibility for all aspects of Oncology drug discovery programs led by th company biology, biochemistry and cell biology and in vivo efficacy/pharmacology
- Develops and leads innovative scientific strategies and programs in oncology drug discovery
- Prioritizes projects and resources to ensure success from project conception through IND enabling studies
- Serves as a member of Leadership Team and collaborates closely with the other functional heads
- Assess projects and set strategy for the oncology research portfolio, provides critical input on prioritization and resourcing decisions in order to deliver on the oncology portfolio and execute on the strategy
- Defines and leads collaborations with external partners
- This position will be located in Shanghai and will not have the ability to be located remotely. This position will not require significant amount of travel.
The Successful Applicant
- PhD or comparable doctoral degree in Biology, Pharmacology, Biochemistry or closely related field.
- 10-12 years of experience in Oncology drug discovery.
- Comprehensive, in-depth knowledge of cancer biology and drug discovery and development.
- Consistent track record in advancing oncology therapies from idea through IND wit solid exposure in small molecule. Biologics knowledge will be an advantage
- Prior experience leading senior direct reports with a track record of developing talent and building teams.
- A strong publication track record within the field of oncology in high impact journals as corresponding or senior author.
- Extensive experience with leading small molecule oncology programs from lead discovery through development candidate selection, familiarity with biologics is a plus.
- Prior experience leading a team responsible for multiple high impact projects is preferred
What's on Offer
You will offered competitive salary package along with the opportunity to contribute to the company scientific advancements and long-term development