Head of Sourcing
A world leading retail organisation
Working in their fastest growing BU
About Our Client
My client is a globally recognised retailer with operations in multiple countries and their head office in US; one of the largest retail brands in the world. They have a wide range of different outlets and offer the opportunity for very quick progression.
As the Head of Sourcing, you will be responsible for the overall spend within your categories, looking at creating the strategy and working closely with the buying office back in US. Dealing with over US$200m, you will be separating out your team into different categories of spend, looking at developing the team and making extra additions where necessary.
* lead and coach the sourcing team in Shenzhen.
* ownership on key KPI looking at purchasing spend for the business unit and categories. You will also be looking at the purchase price variances.
* looking at supplier consolidation; looking at what the purchasing volumes are now and which suppliers are to be treated as strategic.
* dealing with a number of areas within the sourcing specialism including Product Development and Quality
* dealing with all of the business units and looking to develop plans.
Overall, you will be the leader within the categories, developing the plans and making sure that the team are executing these to the standards expected by the business.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have a significant track record in leading teams of sourcing professionals. You will have experience within the categories of Kitchenware, Houseware and Electronics and have dealt with large amounts of spend. You will also be able to demonstrate significant change management with an ability to up skill teams as well as consolidating supplier bases. Other attributes include:
* Degree qualified within business management, supply chain management or engineering related field.
* significant experience in a management role, looking after strategic sourcing/merchandising/procurement.
* deep understanding of the China market and experience in analysing Chinese factory operations.
* have dealt with large amounts of spend and able to drive the relationships with the buyers back in US to ensure the spend is under control.
* fluent in written and spoken English and Chinese.
Above all you will have a track record of success; developing and growing teams of people and creating world class sourcing practices.
What's on Offer
A growing organisation with the very strong career progression opportunities.