Head of Sourcing
Leadership role managing a large team
Working for a world class sourcing organisation
About Our Client
My client is a European Retailer with multiple different business units underneath the umbrella company. They are a highly recognised brand with very mature Sourcing, Quality and Product Development teams across Asia.
As the Head of Sourcing, you will be responsible for a number of commodities of spend from Outdoor Furniture through to Gifts, managing teams of professionals across the region. You will be reporting into the Country Head and take over responsibility for the whole office in their absence as the Deputy Country Head. Other responsibilities include:
* managing the relationship with the office back in Europe to ensure that the HQ buyers are using the Sourcing office and not going out to other buying offices. This will mean a high level of stakeholder engagement as well as coaching the team on how to develop this relationship.
* looking at restructuring the various commodities of spend, getting buy-in from the team on the overall Sourcing strategy. This may include changing locations and role profiles as necessary to really drive performance and efficiency's in the team.
* creating a road map of suppliers and products and looking at where the sourcing activity needs to be centred. You will be hands on with your team but also develop the leaders of the future.
* Manage an FOB circa $150m, split across a team of around 20 sourcing professionals.
* work closely with the Product Development and Quality teams to ensure the finished product is on time and up to specification.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be an expert within Retail Sourcing having worked in best practice environments, managing teams of sourcing professionals. You will have gone through significant change management and really up skilled teams in the past. Requirements include:
* Ideally category experience within hardline and softline goods, working on very seasonal product lines.
* Proven track record of success with experience in leading large cross functional teams.
* Great stakeholder relationship skills with a great ability to influence.
* Highly strategic and commercial thinker with a track record of implementing yearly plans that are tied in with the overall business strategy.
* Chinese and English language skills
Above all you will have dealt with change within organisations, be able to get the buy-in from your team members and be able to step up to leading the whole Sourcing office
What's on Offer
A great opportunity to really drive a business forwards, working with exceptional talent and having a highly visible role to the corporate HQ.