Head of Strategy, APAC - FMCG (Shanghai)
Reporting to the APAC President
About Our Client
Our client is a Global powerhouse in the FMCG sector. Representing some of the best known brands in the market, our client continues to expand and acquire China, North Asia and the Emerging markets of South East Asia.
Reporting to the APAC President, you will be tasked with:
- Lead the long-term strategy development process for the organization in APAC, ensuring alignment on priority initiatives and resource requirements.
- Identify growth opportunities and develop strategic plans to grow business in key channels and with key customers.
- Identify and define strategic business needs and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to solve critical issues for the organization.
- Provide thought leadership and collaborate with key stakeholders across the organization, including team members, cross-functional stakeholders and company leadership.
- Execute against time sensitive requests from Senior Leaders and cross-functional business partners.
- Supervise, coordinate and lead project teams throughout project execution including data collection, data analysis, insights generation and presentations to senior leadership.
- Study market, economic, and financial data to identify key trends and growth opportunities.
- Design and implement business strategies, including market sizing, customer segmentation, growth potential, financial assessment, competitive analysis, and capabilities assessment.
- Analyze market data and report findings to senior leadership to inform on economic trends and market forecasts.
- Develop and apply quantitative methodologies of data analysis to evaluate strategic alternatives, including market and category research and analysis, competitive benchmarking, financial modeling, and cost savings modeling.
- Formulate plans and recommendations based on market and consumer research and financial analysis to inform senior leadership on how to interpret markets and their trends to grow the business and improve performance.
- Advise senior leadership on growth strategy and performance improvement.
The Successful Applicant
To qualify, you must have:
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, or related and six to eight years of experience in the job offered.
- Candidates with experience from top global consulting firms are highly sought after.
- Experience designing and implementing business strategies for large global FMCG or Consumer Durable organizations, including market sizing, opportunity sizing, customer segmentation, growth potential, financial assessment, competitive analysis, capabilities assessment.
- A proven track-record developing and applying complex quantitative methodologies to evaluate strategic alternatives for large global organizations, including market and category research and analysis, competitive benchmarking, financial modeling, cost savings modeling; evaluating and designing processes supporting strategy across functions (such as sales, distribution, manufacturing, procurement, supply chain, finance) for large global organizations, including process mapping and competitive benchmarking; effectively presenting findings and responding to related questions to project team, other project stakeholders, and company senior leadership.
- Proven project management experience to drive strategy and/or implementation, including prioritizing and organizing activities and managing global cross-functional project teams; advising senior leadership of large global organizations on growth strategy and performance improvement.
- Deep understanding and capable of identifying business opportunities in international markets, including sales growth opportunities.
What's on Offer
Competitive executive compensation. Relocation and benefits available for candidates hired outside of China.