- Save Job
- Email job
- Senior Talent Development position with UK Infrastructure Bank (UKIB)
- Exciting opportunity to deliver UKIB's Talent Strategy
About Our Client
UK Infrastructure Bank (UKIB) is the new government owned bank and was launched in June 2021.
The organisation provides £22bn of infrastructure finance, partnering with the private sector and local government, to help tackle climate change to meet the governments net zero emissions by 2050 and to support regional & economic growth through opportunities for new jobs and higher productivity.
UK Infrastructure Bank is a Private Limited Company that is wholly owned by HM Treasury.
Reporting directly into the Chief People Officer, the Head of L&D will play a critical and innovative role in delivering UKIB's L&D Strategy and help transform the Bank into a renowned learning organisation.
An expert L&D practitioner, and at the forefront of their specialism, the role-holder will be forward-thinking and progressive in their approach, leading the way in creating and delivering the Bank's learning offer, and drive development, innovation, and transformation through shared learning across the Bank.
Developing an operational and strategic knowledge of UKIB, its internal and external stakeholders, as well as the Bank's business strategy will be essential, and the role-holder will be expected to successfully utilise this knowledge base to effectively influence the creation and launch of all learning initiatives across UKIB.
- Partner the Bank's Executive and gain a strategic understanding of their functions and affiliated training requirements and work with them to design learning curriculums that align to their specific learning priorities and objectives.
- Forge relationships with external learning institutions and centres of learning excellence to foster and build UKIB's reputation as an employer committed to and invested in employee learning and development. Collaborate with external learning partners to successfully develop and design market leading learning programmes that are aligned with the Bank's objectives, mission and values.
- Represent UKIB as a 'Learning Ambassador' within the local and regional community (education institutions, charities and community programmes), and proactively engage with under-represented community groups, to successfully promote and create external learning initiatives and out-reach programmes that broaden community understanding and appreciation of the Bank's mission and purpose.
- Design, implement and embed the Bank's performance development process ensuring it aligns to the Bank's objectives, mission and values, is innovative and market leading in nature and promotes a 'healthy high-performance culture'. Compliment this initiative through the successful implementation and delivery of a 360-degree feedback framework.
- Act as an expert in diversity and inclusion, partnering the Chief People Officer, fellow HR colleagues and other key stakeholders, including the ExCo.
- Develop employee networks and implement and monitoring the UKIB's Equality and Diversity strategy.
- Audit, evaluate and obtain feedback from stakeholders on all UKIB learning and development initiatives and use this knowledge to identify best practice, ensure value for money and encourage greater innovation in colleague learning.
- Effectively manage the UKIB L&D budget, continually reviewing all suppliers to ensure quality of delivery and value for money, and as required work with Procurement to compliantly and cost effectively engage new third-party training providers.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the Bank to design, develop and implement the Bank's Learning Management System (LMS), ensuring it meets business need and adds tangible value to the Learning and Development Strategy, enabling employees to easily access learning interventions and successfully self-learn.
The Successful Applicant
UKIB look for skilled and results oriented individuals who are motivated to help build the UKIB into an industry-leading institution.
The organisation value diversity in their people as well as in ideas and inclusion being at the heart of what they do.
UKIB are looking for individuals who can demonstrate the following knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Excellent consultative skills to establish effective and robust working relationships quickly
- A seasoned facilitator with an extensive toolkit of tried and tested models and approaches
- Experience of designing and implementing Learning & Development policies, processes, procedures and guidance to support organisational needs, requirements and industry best practice
- A passion for Learning and Development and demonstrable experience of leading a Learning and Development function, familiarity with the full learning cycle and a blended learning approach
- An evidence-based approach, reviewing data and available information to make decisions and implement credible solutions.
- Innovative approach to design, delivery and problem-solving
- Strong project management and organisational skills: delivery of goals, plans, and projects.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to present to small and large audiences.
- Experience handling and manipulating data and making data driven decisions
- High credibility and strong ability to build robust relationships with key stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Experience in driving cultural change programmes across a diverse workforce
- Degree qualified or equivalent and preferably CIPD accredited or a track record of continued equivalent professional development
- Qualifications in a solid suite of psychometric tools an advantage
- A coaching qualification and recognised accreditation preferred
What's on Offer
A career with UKIB offers a unique opportunity to make a lasting impact and work on cutting-edge technologies that will drive the UK's future.
The opportunity offers competitive benefits and unique learning opportunities from combining both private and public sector skills and experience.
- Human Resources
- Human Resources Subsector
- Financial Services
- Contract type
- Consultant name
- Helen Smith
- Job reference