Head of Technology Retail
Head of Technology Retail for one of the worlds largest retail organisations
Transforming the current capability from a plan / build / run model
About Our Client
One of the worlds leading retail organisations
Head of Technology Retail SAP
Partner with multiple key stakeholders across the Retail business, primarily the Retail Support centre i.e. Finance, customer, store ops teams and logistics operations teams, bringing technology expertise (including digital solutions, cloud enablement and ideas for the removal of legacy systems) to the development of business plans and offering technology solutions to address significant business challenges.
Work as a critical member of the Retail IT leadership team, representing multifunctional business priorities and plans whilst working collaboratively with colleagues in the development of one overall Retail IT strategy, roadmap and plan. Represent and own the final IT strategy and plan with the Store teams.
Business and IT Change
Through agile ways of working, deliver IT change for Stores including IT elements of business change, plans for new store openings and closures as well as IT led change, e.g. removal and replacement of legacy systems.
Ensure the appropriate level of governance is in place including status reporting, issues and risk management
IT Service Delivery
Deliver an excellent IT service to Logistics, operating Logistics IT to agreed service levels, policies and standards and within agreed risk and security appetites; including provision of Application Support and Maintenance.
Functional leadership and IT Transformation
Lead a matrix managed team of up to 100 IT professionals, Engagement and career development of colleagues working in Retail IT (provides indirect leadership to colleagues working in Engineering and Agile teams).
The Successful Applicant
Head of Technology Retail - SAP
Knowledge and in-depth understanding of the Retail business and legacy applications
- Head of Technology with SAP implementation is essential
- Experienced working knowledge of Customer facing industries
- Ability to build relationships at all levels based on trust and credibility
- Track record of transformational IT change delivery
- Experience of running and changing legacy and new world IT infrastructure and applications landscapes
- Strong numerical, commercial and verbal reasoning skills and an excellent communicator
- Experience of managing multiple teams across a matrixed delivery organisation.
- Highly capable people leader who inspires and develops teams to achieve superior performance
- Delivery management experience with the ability to translate complex business requirements into workable plans and practical solutions that can be delivered in achievable timescales.
What's on Offer
120k - 130k + package