Head of Technology
Head of Technology develop and execute the technology strategy
Define and execute technology strategy, ensuring a future focus and alignment
About Our Client
Develop and execute the technology strategy to deliver services, solutions and capabilities.
Head of Technology - London/South West London - £90k+
- Define and execute technology strategy, ensuring a future focus and alignment with the strategic outcomes of the business, in particular its digital and technology transformation ambition.
- Ensure the technology operating model aligns with the strategic vision of the organisation and adapts to changing external and internal factors. Puts in place the right people, processes, technology and partners to deliver on strategic and operational goals in order to deliver an operating environment that enhances agility, optimizes cost and minimizes risk.
- Ownership of the service desk for digital and technology, and the 3rd party service provider that delivers 1st/2nd/3rd line support to the organisation.
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the technology technical teams and in digital and technology, including innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the digital and technology workforce, as well as development of an sourcing strategy including strategic vendor and partner relationship management.
- Collaborate with all Directorates to clarify & and provide insight to the technology strategy & provide ongoing platform & supplier management support to enable its implementation; proactively manage key stakeholders and provide effective programme management and excellent communication at all levels, with appropriate balance of challenge, coaching & support.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of digital and technology systems and programmes that fulfil the needs of the business including enterprise architecture management, application management, information security and risk management and infrastructure and operations support management
- Identify, own and manage high-level risks attached to technology and digital strategy, ensuring actions are taken to make sure appropriate governance and methodology is applied and observed: lead and/or participate in project boards, steering groups, and other project-related committees as required.
- Develop and controls annual operating and capital expenditure budget for technology.
- Provide governance and management of issues relating to the organisation's information security and compliance; ensure a technological architecture that provides a secure, adaptable and innovative environment for delivery of technology-related services to internal and external customers and partners.
- Drive collaboration with the relevant business teams to ensure all digital technologies are leveraged as effectively as possible
The Successful Applicant
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate an technology strategy that inspires and motivates digital and technology staff and aligns to the business strategy.
- Ability to instil confidence in the business and demonstrate the business value of technology.
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
- Demonstrated ability in budget planning and financial management
- Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how they may be applied in to drive digital business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic people plan that ensures that the right people are in the right roles at the right time and that leverages resources internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain digital and data concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the technology workforce
- Experience of running all aspects of an technology function, including development and execution of strategy as well as ensuring the ongoing management of the department's programme portfolio of projects, and performance of core operational systems
What's on Offer