Head of Transportation Pricing
Must Have Pricing Experience
Must Have Leadership Experience
About Our Client
This is a rapid growth business with multi - billion dollar investment.
What we are looking for in a Head of Transportation Pricing would be the following:
Strategic Pricing Capabilities
- Supporting the establishment of a pricing framework based on a comprehensive approach including value/price sensitivity, pricing history, competitor pricing, cost to acquire, and issues specific to transportation (Carrier, Shipper, Lane Selection).
- Coordinating the collection and validation of relevant information for the purpose of Dynamic Pricing from across the organization including stakeholders from strategy, finance, product management, product marketing, business ops, sales, etc.
- Combining business logic, rigorous analysis, and strategic perspective to develop pricing recommendations to both pricing that external shippers pay to the firm and pricing that the firm pays to carriers.
- Synthesizing analysis and presenting recommendations to senior management in an effective way to aid in Pricing decisions
- Working closely with internal financial and operational teams and sources to analyze and interpret data to drive financial projections and pricing models
- Working with research partners and applying external market knowledge, internal and external client context, and history to inform pricing decisions
- Supporting the development of a multi-year strategy to build and implement pricing frameworks across the company with appropriate measurement and refinement over time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of the art and science of establishing a value-based pricing model and value-based price points
- Strong analytical and financial analysis skills
- Be a partner with the sales team to meet customers and create account pricing strategies
- Own, manage, and drive disciplined pricing strategies across all regions that support key business objectives for all transportation modes and (3PL/4PL) service offerings
- Create a rules-based pricing organization to drive consistent business processes
- Design, document, and implement pricing and gross margin tools across service categories
- Establish a standard set of fully allocated and variable cost pricing models for use in customer bids
- Establish and manage an online database to track the success rate of the RFP process and to report the ongoing progress of bids and contracts
- Manage the corporate and global RFQ's response generation process
- Maintain a database of competitor and industry price examples and known competitor pricing strategies
- Create and maintain a costing data base
- Manage a team of Pricing Analysts and Pricing Managers
The Successful Applicant
Qualifications for the Head of Transporation Pricing:
- 5+ years of experience within the freight forwarding, transportation, or logistics industry, with at multiple years in pricing or quotation management
- 5+ years of experience in a management role
- Bachelor's degree in a related field
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to manage large data sets and strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, financial reporting software, and database tools
- Exposure to Data Science
- Strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, changing global environment
- Ability to build strategic, collaborative relationships and influence organizational change
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent listening collaboration and negotiation skills
What's on Offer
Senior level role with appropriate exposure and influence on the business.